The Words Jesus Spoke to His Father Before Going Through Hell, Part 16 (Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign, Day 294)

JJMessage


TEXT: John 17:24-26:

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

25 O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.

26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

———-

Today, I am continuing the daily Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign sermon series, which is aimed at sharing the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ with unbelievers and reminding Christians, in this important election year, to keep the main thing the main thing — and that is reaching unbelievers with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and praying for their salvation, for the problem in America is not only disobedient presidents, politicians, and people, but disobedient pastors, preachers, and parishioners who have refused to obey the Lord’s Great Commission which is to, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” and who have refused to obey God’s repeated commands to “pray without ceasing” for unbelievers, believers, and political leaders. Yes, you should pray for the right candidate to win; yes, you should vote for the candidate that the Lord gives you peace about voting for. But, don’t get caught up in it like the world does. Nothing much is going to change until people get saved and get their hearts right with the Lord.

This campaign is inspired by the following three verses: 1 Corinthians 2:2 which says, “For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.” Acts 5:42 which says, “And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.” And 2 Timothy 2:4 which says, “No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.”

This series is not for Christians necessarily. However, I do hope you are one of those saints who still loves to hear the “Old, old story of Jesus and His love” — As another hymn says, “For those who know it best Seem hungering and thirsting to hear it like the rest.” This series is primarily for unbelievers, so they can hear and understand the Gospel and be saved from sin and the punishment of sin which is hell. This is message number 294.

Blaise Pascal said, “Not only do we not know God except through Jesus Christ; we do not even know ourselves except through Jesus Christ.”

As we come to the close of Jesus’ prayer that He prayed for the disciples and for us, there is one overarching theme that is apparent. The theme is that of knowing God. Jesus prayed, “O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.”

Everything about Jesus’ coming into the world comes down to the theme of the world knowing God. The Greek word for “know” does not simply denote head knowledge. It is not knowing about God, but becoming acquainted with Him the same way one becomes acquainted with a new close friend. Because Jesus is one with the Father, He knows the Father better than anyone. He came to show the world, which does not know God, who God is.

At the time of Jesus’ prayer, the world still did not know God. Even the Jews, who had the most book knowledge about God, did not really know God. In fact, many of them were intent on doing away with Jesus Christ, the very image of God whom they refused to recognize. From this perspective, it looked like Jesus’ mission to help the world know God would have ended in failure, and Jesus would have died in vain with no one to carry on the work that He began.

But Jesus had His disciples. He prayed, “I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. And I have declared unto them thy name…” Jesus knew God, and the disciples knew Jesus. Through Jesus, the disciples came to know God. They did not know everything about God, but they knew that God had sent Jesus. Jesus had declared unto them the name of God not just through His words, but through His actions. And He said, “I will continue to declare it.” The crucifixion of Christ was going to be the biggest declaration of God’s character that the disciples and the world had ever seen. Everyone would see God willing to sacrifice His innocent Son for sinful humanity.

Why was it so important for Jesus to show the disciples who God is? Jesus answers in the closing line of His prayer with these words: “that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.” Jesus prayed for God’s love to inhabit His disciples — the very same unconditional love that prompted God to send Jesus into the world. The disciples would need this love to show toward each other and toward the world. They would also need for Jesus to come and live within them that they might show forth the same desire to teach, preach, and show the world what God is like.

What the disciples did upon Jesus’ resurrection is the same thing that we ought to be doing today — showing God’s love to the world and showing the world who God is. We can do these things by the power of the Holy Spirit because Jesus prayed for us and God answered His prayer.

Eliza Hewitt wrote:

More about Jesus would I know,
More of His grace to others show;
More of His saving fullness see,
More of His love who died for me.

More about Jesus let me learn,
More of His holy will discern;
Spirit of God my teacher be,
Showing the things of Christ to me.

More about Jesus; on His throne,
Riches in glory all His own;
More of His kingdom’s sure increase;
More of His coming, Prince of Peace.

If you do not know Jesus Christ as your Saviour, here is how you can place your faith and trust in Him today.

First, accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”

Second, accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”

Third, accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Also, the Bible states in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”

Now that is bad news, but here’s the good news. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will.

Romans 10:9 & 13 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved… For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. I am sorry for my sins, and today I choose to turn from my sins. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. I trust Jesus Christ as my Savior and I choose to follow Him as Lord from this day forward. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.

If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”

If you accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior today, please email me at dw3@gospellightsociety.com and let us know. There is some free material that we want to send you. If you have a prayer request, please e-mail that to us as well, and we will pray for you until you tell us to stop.

God loves you. We love you. And may God bless you.

The Words Jesus Spoke to His Father Before Going Through Hell, Part 15 (Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign, Day 293)

JJMessage


Daniel Whyte III
Daniel Whyte III

TEXT: John 17:24-26:

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

25 O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.

26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

———-

Today, I am continuing the daily Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign sermon series, which is aimed at sharing the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ with unbelievers and reminding Christians, in this important election year, to keep the main thing the main thing — and that is reaching unbelievers with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and praying for their salvation, for the problem in America is not only disobedient presidents, politicians, and people, but disobedient pastors, preachers, and parishioners who have refused to obey the Lord’s Great Commission which is to, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” and who have refused to obey God’s repeated commands to “pray without ceasing” for unbelievers, believers, and political leaders. Yes, you should pray for the right candidate to win; yes, you should vote for the candidate that the Lord gives you peace about voting for. But, don’t get caught up in it like the world does. Nothing much is going to change until people get saved and get their hearts right with the Lord.

This campaign is inspired by the following three verses: 1 Corinthians 2:2 which says, “For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.” Acts 5:42 which says, “And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.” And 2 Timothy 2:4 which says, “No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.”

This series is not for Christians necessarily. However, I do hope you are one of those saints who still loves to hear the “Old, old story of Jesus and His love” — As another hymn says, “For those who know it best Seem hungering and thirsting to hear it like the rest.” This series is primarily for unbelievers, so they can hear and understand the Gospel and be saved from sin and the punishment of sin which is hell. This is message number 293.

Warren Wiersbe said, “How do we know that Christians go to heaven? Because of the price that Jesus paid, and the promise that Jesus made, and the prayer that Jesus prayed. The Father always answers His Son’s prayers, so we know that believers who die do go to heaven to behold the glory of God.”

As Jesus comes to the end of His prayer, He turns His focus to heavenly things. He has prayed for His disciples in the present; and He has prayed for those who would become His disciples in the future. Now we see that He Himself is looking beyond all that and is gazing upon eternal glory.

Jesus prays, “Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am.” Now, Jesus’ disciples are present with Him in the Upper Room as he is praying. It does not appear that Jesus is praying for their physical presence there. Instead, Jesus is praying for them to be present in Heaven with Him when He is glorified.

Through prayer, Jesus has ascended in spirit to the heavenly realm. He is not in Heaven at the present, but He prays as though He is. In the spirit of prayer, He longs for His church to be there with Him. Here on Earth, we sing, “draw me nearer, nearer, blessed Lord.” Jesus Himself has the same desire — to be nearer to His church, not just spiritually, but physically.

Alexander MacLaren said, “Our Lord says not only ‘that where I am, they also may beg,’ but adds ‘with Me.’ That is not a superfluous addition, but emphasizes the thought of a communion which is more intimate and blessed than local presence alone would be. The communion here on Earth is real but imperfect. It will be perfected in Heaven by the dropping away of flesh and sin, by the change of circumstances, by emancipation from cares and toils necessary here, by the development of new powers and surroundings, and on His side by new manifestations.”

Why does Jesus long for us to be with Him in Heaven? He prays, “that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.” In Heaven, our attention is going to be occupied by the glory of Jesus Christ. Everything about Heaven will be an extension of His glory and we will be a part of that by the grace of God.

In Heaven, we will also experience first-hand the love that God has for His Son Jesus Christ. Because we are in Christ, that very same love which was showered upon Jesus from before the world began, will be and even is now showered upon us. There was never a time when God did not love. One of the most profound and beautiful sentences in the Bible is “God is Love.” As some commentators have observed, in order for love to be genuine and perfect, it must have an object outside of itself to love. God is love. But even before the world came into existence, that love was being shown to the only begotten Son of God. Love existed among the Godhead — the Father, the Son, and the Spirit — even before anything was created. And in Heaven, we will join that perfect union of love. And it would be great, by God’s grace that we as christians start showing God’s love to one another and to others.

Today, we thank God for loving us just as He loved His own Son, and we, too, look forward to the day when we will be united with Him in glory.

Charles Wesley wrote:

Love divine, all loves excelling,
joy of heaven, to earth come down,
fix in us thy humble dwelling,
all thy faithful mercies crown.

Come, Almighty, to deliver,
let us all thy life receive;
suddenly return, and never,
nevermore thy temples leave.

Finish, then, thy new creation;
pure and spotless let us be;
let us see thy great salvation
perfectly restored in thee:

Changed from glory into glory,
till in heaven we take our place,
till we cast our crowns before thee,
lost in wonder, love and praise.

If you do not know Jesus Christ as your Saviour, here is how you can place your faith and trust in Him today.

First, accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”

Second, accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”

Third, accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Also, the Bible states in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”

Now that is bad news, but here’s the good news. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will.

Romans 10:9 & 13 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved… For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. I am sorry for my sins, and today I choose to turn from my sins. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. I trust Jesus Christ as my Savior and I choose to follow Him as Lord from this day forward. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.

If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”

If you accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior today, please email me at dw3@gospellightsociety.com and let us know. There is some free material that we want to send you. If you have a prayer request, please e-mail that to us as well, and we will pray for you until you tell us to stop.

God loves you. We love you. And may God bless you.

The Words Jesus Spoke to His Father Before Going Through Hell, Part 14 (Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign, Day 292)

JJMessage


TEXT: John 17:20-23:

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

———-

Today, I am continuing the daily Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign sermon series, which is aimed at sharing the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ with unbelievers and reminding Christians, in this important election year, to keep the main thing the main thing — and that is reaching unbelievers with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and praying for their salvation, for the problem in America is not only disobedient presidents, politicians, and people, but disobedient pastors, preachers, and parishioners who have refused to obey the Lord’s Great Commission which is to, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” and who have refused to obey God’s repeated commands to “pray without ceasing” for unbelievers, believers, and political leaders. Yes, you should pray for the right candidate to win; yes, you should vote for the candidate that the Lord gives you peace about voting for. But, don’t get caught up in it like the world does. Nothing much is going to change until people get saved and get their hearts right with the Lord.

This campaign is inspired by the following three verses: 1 Corinthians 2:2 which says, “For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.” Acts 5:42 which says, “And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.” And 2 Timothy 2:4 which says, “No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.”

This series is not for Christians necessarily. However, I do hope you are one of those saints who still loves to hear the “Old, old story of Jesus and His love” — As another hymn says, “For those who know it best Seem hungering and thirsting to hear it like the rest.” This series is primarily for unbelievers, so they can hear and understand the Gospel and be saved from sin and the punishment of sin which is hell. This is message number 292.

A.T. Pierson said, “To a true child of God, the invisible bond that unites all believers to Christ is far more tender, and lasting, and precious; and, as we come to recognize and realize that we are all dwelling in one sphere of life in Him, we learn to look on every believer as our brother, in a sense that is infinitely higher than all human relationships. This is the one and only way to bring disciples permanently together. All other plans for promoting the unity of the Church have failed.”

In our last message we focused on Jesus’ prayer for unity to be evident among those who would believe on His name based upon the disciples’ witness. Why is that unity so important to Jesus? We find out in the next part of Jesus’ prayer. “That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.”

The unity of the church is a testimony to the transforming power of Jesus Christ. Our Savior prayed for this unity ‘that the world may believe that God had really sent him.’

The world is a place of extreme disunity. Sometimes, this disunity is the result of things we have no control over such as language barriers and geographic differences. However, more often than not, disunity is evidence of the sin nature of man. In the world, we see hatred and strife caused by skin color, class warfare, differences of opinion on political matters, ethnic stereotypes, and more. No matter where you go, you will find people at odds with one another. That is what we see when we look at the world.

However, when the world looks at the church, it ought to see unity and harmony in our actions and interactions with each other. The church is a place where people should overcome race differences, class differences, intellectual differences, ethnic differences, and political differences. We have a calling to something that is much higher than those things: Jesus Christ and the Gospel transcend such barriers and divisions. As Galatians 3:28 says, in the church, “there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.”

“One” — that is the key word. We are not many different types of people coming together, yet remaining separate. We are many different types of people becoming one in Jesus Christ. We literally become one body beneath Him who is the head. Jesus prayed that we ‘might be made perfectly ONE’ because then the world would know that God had sent Jesus and that God loved the people in His church just as He loved His own Son.

The church today often demonstrates divisiveness instead of unity — divisiveness over race, politics, theology, and any number of other insignificant issues — issues that are all trumped by the Gospel and the Great Commission. There is no greater reason for us as the church to strive for unity than the reason that God will use that unity as a witness to the world to turn many people to His Son. D.A. Carson said, “Even when Jesus prays for the church’s unity, He looks beyond their unity to the still unconverted world which stands in need of the witness generated by that unity.”

Let us commit ourselves to striving for unity and harmony — in the church first and then the world — keeping in mind that when the church is unified, it is another part of the collective evidence which attests to the power of the Gospel.

Royston Allen expressed what should be the prayer of all Christians:

That we might be one like Father and Son,
One body in Christ through His sacrifice.

Then the world will see Jesus’ true beauty,
Complete and unmarred, unbroken and unscarred.

Such beauty of diversity in harmonious unity.
All different and yet one, brought together in God’s Son.

If you do not know Jesus Christ as your Saviour, here is how you can place your faith and trust in Him today.

First, accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”

Second, accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”

Third, accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Also, the Bible states in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”

Now that is bad news, but here’s the good news. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will.

Romans 10:9 & 13 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved… For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. I am sorry for my sins, and today I choose to turn from my sins. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. I trust Jesus Christ as my Savior and I choose to follow Him as Lord from this day forward. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.

If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”

If you accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior today, please email me at dw3@gospellightsociety.com and let us know. There is some free material that we want to send you. If you have a prayer request, please e-mail that to us as well, and we will pray for you until you tell us to stop.

God loves you. We love you. And may God bless you.

The Words Jesus Spoke to His Father Before Going Through Hell, Part 13 (Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign, Day 291)


TEXT: John 17:20-23:

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

———-

Today, I am continuing the daily Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign sermon series, which is aimed at sharing the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ with unbelievers and reminding Christians, in this important election year, to keep the main thing the main thing — and that is reaching unbelievers with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and praying for their salvation, for the problem in America is not only disobedient presidents, politicians, and people, but disobedient pastors, preachers, and parishioners who have refused to obey the Lord’s Great Commission which is to, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” and who have refused to obey God’s repeated commands to “pray without ceasing” for unbelievers, believers, and political leaders. Yes, you should pray for the right candidate to win; yes, you should vote for the candidate that the Lord gives you peace about voting for. But, don’t get caught up in it like the world does. Nothing much is going to change until people get saved and get their hearts right with the Lord.

This campaign is inspired by the following three verses: 1 Corinthians 2:2 which says, “For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.” Acts 5:42 which says, “And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.” And 2 Timothy 2:4 which says, “No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.”

This series is not for Christians necessarily. However, I do hope you are one of those saints who still loves to hear the “Old, old story of Jesus and His love” — As another hymn says, “For those who know it best Seem hungering and thirsting to hear it like the rest.” This series is primarily for unbelievers, so they can hear and understand the Gospel and be saved from sin and the punishment of sin which is hell. This is message number 291.

David Wilkerson said, “As I look back over fifty years of ministry, I recall innumerable tests, trials, and times of crushing pain. But through it all, the Lord has proven faithful, loving, and totally true to all his promises.”

Throughout our time in this passage, we have pointed out that, while Jesus was praying specifically for the eleven disciples present with Him, He was also praying for us as well. That fact is brought out in the portion of Jesus’ prayer that we are looking at today.

Jesus prayed, “Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word.” After three years of preaching, with only twelve disciples (one of whom had betrayed Him) and just a few others who truly believed in Him at that time, Jesus’ movement may have looked like a failure from the outside looking in. But Jesus had a long term vision for the success of the Church. He had come to plant the seeds, and He was grooming His followers to cultivate the crop.

Jesus knew that others would believe on Him in the future which is why He prayed for those “which shall believe on Me” through the word preached by the disciples. Jesus’ specific request for us is “that they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us.” When we consider the immense amount of time, geographical distance, language barriers, cultural barriers, and ethnic barriers between us today and the disciples two thousand years ago, we can understand why this prayer is so important. It would have been easy for a huge disconnect to develop between us and them. By human standards, it would have been nearly impossible for the Gospel to be carried down intact, free of corruption, through the centuries.

Yet we are as tightly bound to God through Jesus Christ as the disciples were. We are just as much the children of God as they were. We have the same Gospel, the same salvation, the same baptism, and the same Holy Spirit. The fact that the Gospel has survived and is still being preached today is a testament to the prayer that Jesus prayed which God saw fit to answer. Merrill C. Tenney said, “The last section of Jesus’ prayer shows that he expected the failure of the disciples to be only temporary. The entire tone of the farewell discourse is built on the assumption that after the resurrection they would renew their faith and carry on a new ministry in the power of the Holy Spirit.”

Although the disciples would initially falter during the dark night of the crucifixion and the subsequent days of uncertainty, Jesus knew that they would pull through and become firmly grounded in the faith. That is why He prayed for them. We, too, will face dark nights and days of uncertainty. It may seem that, at those times, we are far from God and we cannot see the way ahead. But we can have the confidence to pull through if we remember that Jesus prayed for us as well. And God will see to it that we are restored, strengthened, and made servants fit for His use.

Clarence B. Strouss wrote:

We’ll work for Jesus today,
Scattering blessings rich by the way;
Wherever we go, he’ll help we know
We’ll work for Jesus today.

The fields are waiting today,
If we hear His call and obey,
We’ll come again with ripened grain,
We’ll work for Jesus today.

There’s work for us all today,
Selfishness and ease throw away;
There’s work to do, and God wants you,
So work for Jesus today.

If you do not know Jesus Christ as your Saviour, here is how you can place your faith and trust in Him today.

First, accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”

Second, accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”

Third, accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Also, the Bible states in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”

Now that is bad news, but here’s the good news. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will.

Romans 10:9 & 13 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved… For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. I am sorry for my sins, and today I choose to turn from my sins. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. I trust Jesus Christ as my Savior and I choose to follow Him as Lord from this day forward. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.

If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”

If you accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior today, please email me at dw3@gospellightsociety.com and let us know. There is some free material that we want to send you. If you have a prayer request, please e-mail that to us as well, and we will pray for you until you tell us to stop.

God loves you. We love you. And may God bless you.

The Words Jesus Spoke to His Father Before Going Through Hell, Part 10 (Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign, Day 288)

JJMessage


TEXT: John 17:12-16:

12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

———-

Today, I am continuing the daily Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign sermon series, which is aimed at sharing the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ with unbelievers and reminding Christians, in this important election year, to keep the main thing the main thing — and that is reaching unbelievers with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and praying for their salvation, for the problem in America is not only disobedient presidents, politicians, and people, but disobedient pastors, preachers, and parishioners who have refused to obey the Lord’s Great Commission which is to, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” and who have refused to obey God’s repeated commands to “pray without ceasing” for unbelievers, believers, and political leaders. Yes, you should pray for the right candidate to win; yes, you should vote for the candidate that the Lord gives you peace about voting for. But, don’t get caught up in it like the world does. Nothing much is going to change until people get saved and get their hearts right with the Lord.

This campaign is inspired by the following three verses: 1 Corinthians 2:2 which says, “For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.” Acts 5:42 which says, “And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.” And 2 Timothy 2:4 which says, “No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.”

This series is not for Christians necessarily. However, I do hope you are one of those saints who still loves to hear the “Old, old story of Jesus and His love” — As another hymn says, “For those who know it best Seem hungering and thirsting to hear it like the rest.” This series is primarily for unbelievers, so they can hear and understand the Gospel and be saved from sin and the punishment of sin which is hell. This is message number 288.

J.C. Ryle said, “Tell the young, tell the poor, tell the aged, tell the ignorant, tell the sick, tell the dying — tell them all about Christ. Tell them of His power, and tell them of His love; tell them of His doings, and tell them of His feelings; tell them what He has done for the chief of sinners; tell them what He is willing to do until the last day of time; tell it to them over and over again. Never be tired of speaking of Christ. Say to them broadly and fully, freely and unconditionally, unreservedly and undoubtingly, ‘Come unto Christ, as the penitent thief did; come unto Christ, and you shall be saved.'”

In this prayer, Jesus expresses three reasons why He wants His disciples to remain in the world. In the last two sermons I have given you two reasons:

The first reason why is so that they could be a light to the world. Although Jesus had come to be the light of the world, there were many who rejected that light and continued to live in darkness. The disciples would carry on as the bearers of Jesus’ light.

Some 33 years ago, God led me to name our ministry Gospel Light Ministries International, which now has many variations under that name such as Gospel Light Society, Gospel Light House of Prayer, etc.The name comes from Acts 26:18 which says, “To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.” Our theme song is the old hymn Send the Light the blessed Gospel light, by Charles H. Gabriel which goes like this:

There’s a call comes ringing o’er the restless wave,
“Send the light! Send the light!”
There are souls to rescue, there are souls to save,
Send the light! Send the light!

We have heard the Macedonian call today,
“Send the light! Send the light!”
And a golden off’ring at the cross we lay,
Send the light! Send the light!

Let us pray that grace may everywhere abound,
“Send the light! Send the light!”
And a Christlike spirit everywhere be found,
Send the light! Send the light!

Let us not grow weary in the work of love,
“Send the light! Send the light!”
Let us gather jewels for a crown above,
Send the light! Send the light!

Refrain: Send the light, the blessed Gospel light;
Let it shine from shore to shore!
Send the light, the blessed Gospel light;
Let it shine forevermore!

The second reason why the disciples would remain in the world is so that they could witness to people about Jesus. Jesus gave them the Great Commission to fulfill — to take the Gospel to the ends of the Earth. The disciples began that endeavour and every successive generation of believers has as well. The Gospel being taken to the ends of the earth — not only in preaching and teaching, but in living — is still the mandate of the church today.

The third reason why Jesus wants us to remain in the world is so that we will experience the full glory of God. If we, immediately upon salvation, are snatched away to Heaven, we will miss out on seeing God fully glorified on Earth. There are aspects of God’s nature and aspects of the work of salvation that can be better appreciated only by remaining in the world. Only by seeing the effects of sin can we fully appreciate that Jesus overcame sin. Only by experiencing the death of loved ones can we fully appreciate Jesus defied death. Only by seeing the devastating effects of Satan’s sway over the world can we fully appreciate Jesus as the one who conquered Satan.

We typically think that we will only know God and Jesus fully and freely once we are whisked away to Heaven, but God’s glory shines even on the Earth. By knowing Him better here, we will know Him better there.

Jesus did not want the disciples to despair because they had to remain in the world, and He does not want us to despair either. Jesus prayed for us, that God would keep us and preserve us during our time on this Earth. He is still making this prayer request for us in Heaven right now. And God has and will continue to answer the prayer of His dear Son.

Stephen Horsfall spoke of the mission of the Christians who remain in the world in his song:

Sing a new song of glory and salvation,
through all the earth let voices now be raised;
speak of God’s mighty power in every nation
great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised!

Sing and adore, shout aloud with jubilation,
tell of the truth and splendour of that Name;
come with thanksgiving, worship, all creation
praise be to God, for evermore the same.

If you do not know Jesus Christ as your Saviour, here is how you can place your faith and trust in Him today.

First, accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”

Second, accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”

Third, accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Also, the Bible states in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”

Now that is bad news, but here’s the good news. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will.

Romans 10:9 & 13 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved… For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. I am sorry for my sins, and today I choose to turn from my sins. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. I trust Jesus Christ as my Savior and I choose to follow Him as Lord from this day forward. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.

If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”

If you accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior today, please email me at dw3@gospellightsociety.com and let us know. There is some free material that we want to send you. If you have a prayer request, please e-mail that to us as well, and we will pray for you until you tell us to stop.

God loves you. We love you. And may God bless you.

The Words Jesus Spoke to His Father Before Going Through Hell, Part 9 (Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign, Day 287)

JJMessage


TEXT: John 17:12-16:

12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

———-

Today, I am continuing the daily Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign sermon series, which is aimed at sharing the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ with unbelievers and reminding Christians, in this important election year, to keep the main thing the main thing — and that is reaching unbelievers with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and praying for their salvation, for the problem in America is not only disobedient presidents, politicians, and people, but disobedient pastors, preachers, and parishioners who have refused to obey the Lord’s Great Commission which is to, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” and who have refused to obey God’s repeated commands to “pray without ceasing” for unbelievers, believers, and political leaders. Yes, you should pray for the right candidate to win; yes, you should vote for the candidate that the Lord gives you peace about voting for. But, don’t get caught up in it like the world does. Nothing much is going to change until people get saved and get their hearts right with the Lord.

This campaign is inspired by the following three verses: 1 Corinthians 2:2 which says, “For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.” Acts 5:42 which says, “And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.” And 2 Timothy 2:4 which says, “No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.”

This series is not for Christians necessarily. However, I do hope you are one of those saints who still loves to hear the “Old, old story of Jesus and His love” — As another hymn says, “For those who know it best Seem hungering and thirsting to hear it like the rest.” This series is primarily for unbelievers, so they can hear and understand the Gospel and be saved from sin and the punishment of sin which is hell. This is message number 287.

Rick Warren said, “The way you store up treasure in heaven is by investing in getting people there.”

In our last message, we saw that Jesus wanted His disciples to remain in the world so that they could be a light to the world. If the disciples sequestered themselves into Christian-only communities, they would be of no benefit to the world which is engulfed in darkness.

The second reason why God wanted His disciples to remain in the world is because that is the only way we can witness to people about Jesus. If we are not in contact with unbelievers, we will be unable to win them to the Lord. Just before Jesus left this Earth, He tasked His disciples with preaching the Gospel to the ‘uttermost part of the world.’ Part of preaching the Gospel is living a life that reflects Gospel-based values. Our lifestyle is just as much a witness as our words. The world needs to see evidence of the life-transforming power of the Gospel. We are that evidence, and we must remain in the world to be a light to the people in the world.

Third, we must remain in the world in order to experience the full glory of God. If we, immediately upon salvation, are snatched away to Heaven, we will miss out on seeing God fully glorified on Earth. There are aspects of God’s nature and aspects of the work of salvation that can be better appreciated only by remaining in the world. Only by seeing the effects of sin can we fully appreciate that Jesus overcame sin. Only by experiencing the death of loved ones can we fully appreciate Jesus defied death. Only by seeing the devastating effects of Satan’s sway over the world can we fully appreciate Jesus as the one who conquered Satan.

We typically think that we will only know God and Jesus fully and freely once we are whisked away to Heaven, but God’s glory shines even on the Earth. By knowing Him better here, we may know Him better there.

Jesus did not want the disciples to despair because they had to remain in the world, and He does not want us to despair either. Jesus prayed for us, that God would keep us and preserve us during our time on this Earth. He is still making this prayer request for us in Heaven right now. And God has and will continue to answer the prayer of His dear Son.

J. Grigg Tiverton wrote:

Behold the messengers of Christ,
Who bear to every place,
The unveiled mysteries of God,
The Gospel of His grace.

The things through mists and shadows dim
By holy prophets seen,
In the full light of day they saw
With not a cloud between.

What Christ, true Man, divinely wrought,
What God in manhood bore,
They wrote, as God inspired, in words
That live forevermore.

To God, the blessèd Three in One,
Be glory, praise, and might,
Who called us from the shades of death
To His own glorious light.

If you do not know Jesus Christ as your Saviour, please understand that you are a sinner and that you have broken God’s laws. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Please understand that because of your sins, you deserve punishment in hell. Romans 6:23 says “the wages of sin is death…” This is both physical death and spiritual death in hell.

But here is the good news. John 3:16 reads, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

The phrase “For God so loved the world” means that if you are in this world, God loves you no matter what you have done.

The next phrase, “that He gave His only begotten Son” refers to Jesus Christ. He is God’s son who suffered, bled, and died on the cross for your sins and for mine, and He was buried and rose again.

Our next phrase is “that whosoever believeth in Him”. The word “whosoever” means anybody at anytime. The phrase “believeth in Him” means to trust in Him, to depend upon Him, to rely on Him, or to have faith in Him for your salvation.

Our next phrase, “should not perish”, refers to eternal punishment in a place called hell.

And, lastly, the phrase “but have everlasting life” means to live eternally in Heaven with God.

The Bible also says in Romans 10:9 and 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved…. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.

If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”

If you accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior today, please email me at dw3@gospellightsociety.com and let us know. There is some free material that we want to send you. If you have a prayer request, please e-mail that to us as well, and we will pray for you until you tell us to stop.

God loves you. We love you. And may God bless you.

How Not to Walk, Part 6 (Revive the Family, Revive the Church, Awaken the Nation, O Lord #252)

spiritual-warfare

A series of homilies on Ephesians.

A homily is “a short talk on a religious or moral topic; a usually short sermon; a lecture or discourse on or of a biblical theme.”


I am sharing a verse-by-verse series of short messages on Ephesians (as well as other passages of Scripture) specifically targeted at reviving families and encouraging and exhorting husbands, wives, fathers, mothers, and children to do what God has commanded them to do, for if the church is to be revived and the country is to be awakened, the family must be revived first.

TEXT: Ephesians 4:20-22:

20 But ye have not so learned Christ;

21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

—-

G.F. Oliver said, “He can do all things who prays well. All soul-winners have conquered on their knees. Wherever the secret of prevailing prayer is found, something supernatural will come to pass.”

Leonard Ravenhill said, “Jesus died to make us earthly examples of the heavenly life.”

In their book, The Ten Greatest Revivals Ever, Elmer Towns and Douglas Porter share with us: “The influence of the Azusa Street Revival spread far beyond the national boundaries of America. The Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada recognize their spiritual indebtedness to William J. Seymour and the Azusa Street mission, especially in the earliest manifestations of charismatic phenomena in Winnipeg and Toronto. Many of their founding fathers first experienced the Pentecostal blessing under Seymour’s preaching, or were mentored by him in their early Pentecostal experience.”

—-

Having told us how we ought not to walk, Paul now shows us how that walking according to the manner of Christ is a choice. The fact that becoming a mature Christian is a growth process does not negate our ownership in the matter. We must choose to grow. We must choose to begin walking like Christ and in Christ.

Even though we have learned Christ, and heard Christ, and been taught in Christ, it is still our choice to “put off concerning the former conversation.” The word “conversation” means lifestyle, and it is our choice, our decision to put off the old lifestyle. The old lifestyle does not simply fall away. It is peeled back, piece by piece, like an animal shedding its skin. With God’s grace and the Holy spirit’s help, every time you make the choice to do something according to the ways of the new man in Christ, every time you say no to temptation, you are cutting away a piece of the old man.

You must choose to put on the new man every single day. For a long time — especially as a young believer, the old man will still fight to keep control. It will be a battle. But, who wins the battle is up to you.

Remember the story of the old Indian told his son about the two dogs fighting inside of him — a good dog and an evil dog. The boy wanted to know which dog would win. The man said, “The dog I feed the most is the one who wins the fight.”

We must feed the new man and starve the old man. This too is a choice. We feed the new man by continuing to listen to and receive the teaching of Christ. Charles Spurgeon said, “So, if you want to know the Lord Jesus Christ, you must live with him. First, he must himself speak to you, and afterwards you must abide in him. He must be the choice Companion of your morning hours, he must be with you throughout the day, and with him you must also close the night; and as often as you may wake during the night, you must say, ‘When I awake, I am still with thee.'”

Lewis Edson wrote:

“The new way brings forth the new man,
The new man walks on the new way.”
Lord, give this new vision to us,
To all of the churches today.

We’re walking in newness of life
And singing a joyful new song;
In newness of spirit we serve,
This new one accord makes us strong.

We’re drinking the new life divine,
Oh, how this new wine our heart cheers!
The new man will walk this new way
Until the new city appears.

The Words Jesus Spoke to His Father Before Going Through Hell, Part 8 (Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign, Day 286)

JJMessage


TEXT: John 17:12-16:

12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

———-

Today, I am continuing the daily Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign sermon series, which is aimed at sharing the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ with unbelievers and reminding Christians, in this important election year, to keep the main thing the main thing — and that is reaching unbelievers with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and praying for their salvation, for the problem in America is not only disobedient presidents, politicians, and people, but disobedient pastors, preachers, and parishioners who have refused to obey the Lord’s Great Commission which is to, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” and who have refused to obey God’s repeated commands to “pray without ceasing” for unbelievers, believers, and political leaders. Yes, you should pray for the right candidate to win; yes, you should vote for the candidate that the Lord gives you peace about voting for. But, don’t get caught up in it like the world does. Nothing much is going to change until people get saved and get their hearts right with the Lord.

This campaign is inspired by the following three verses: 1 Corinthians 2:2 which says, “For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.” Acts 5:42 which says, “And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.” And 2 Timothy 2:4 which says, “No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.”

This series is not for Christians necessarily. However, I do hope you are one of those saints who still loves to hear the “Old, old story of Jesus and His love” — As another hymn says, “For those who know it best Seem hungering and thirsting to hear it like the rest.” This series is primarily for unbelievers, so they can hear and understand the Gospel and be saved from sin and the punishment of sin which is hell. This is message number 286.

John Hagee said, “Christians are indeed the light of the world — but only if our switch is turned on.”

As Jesus continues this prayer for His disciples, He expands on His second major request — that God would keep and preserve the disciples. He says, ‘I have given them thy word.’ When Jesus came, He gave us what God wanted us to hear. Although He is God, He did not come with His own message; He came with the message of God the Father. Many Christian leaders today seek to be “original,” when, in reality, all they are called to do is repeat the message that God has given. Just as Jesus gave them God’s Word, the disciples and Christians who followed them are to give God’s Word to our respective generations.

Because the disciples had received God’s Word, accepted it, and had their lives transformed by it, they were hated by the world. Jesus prayed, “the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.” More often than not, those who identify with Jesus Christ will find themselves at odds with this present age. Because of this, it is tempting to withdraw from the world, to become reclusive and isolated. But that is not what Jesus wants us to do. He said, “I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil [in the world].”

One of the main reasons why Jesus wants us to remain in the world is so we can be a light to the world. If we sequestered ourselves into Christian-only communities, we would be of no benefit to the world which is engulfed in darkness. Jesus brought light into the world and He left His disciples behind in order that they might continue to shine that light.

We may often feel as though our light shining is feeble and ineffective. But we must remember that it is not our light that is shining, but the light of Christ. And that light can overcome any form of darkness in the world.

Barney E. Warren wrote:

Let your light so shine that the world may see
How to come to Christ who will set them free;
Let its rays gleam bright when the darkness falls,
Till each sinful soul for the Savior calls.

Let your light so shine everywhere you go,
Till the tribes of earth Jesus Christ may know;
Let its rays transpose into perfect day,
When the clouds of gloom shall be swept away.

Let your light so shine every day and hour,
That the truth be clothed with divinest pow’r;
Let it brightly shine and promote God’s cause,
To exalt His name and His holy laws.
LET YOUR LITTLE LIGHT SHINE

If you do not know Jesus Christ as your Saviour, please understand that you are a sinner and that you have broken God’s laws. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Please understand that because of your sins, you deserve punishment in hell. Romans 6:23 says “the wages of sin is death…” This is both physical death and spiritual death in hell.

But here is the good news. John 3:16 reads, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

The phrase “For God so loved the world” means that if you are in this world, God loves you no matter what you have done.

The next phrase, “that He gave His only begotten Son” refers to Jesus Christ. He is God’s son who suffered, bled, and died on the cross for your sins and for mine, and He was buried and rose again.

Our next phrase is “that whosoever believeth in Him”. The word “whosoever” means anybody at anytime. The phrase “believeth in Him” means to trust in Him, to depend upon Him, to rely on Him, or to have faith in Him for your salvation.

Our next phrase, “should not perish”, refers to eternal punishment in a place called hell.

And, lastly, the phrase “but have everlasting life” means to live eternally in Heaven with God.

The Bible also says in Romans 10:9 and 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved…. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.

If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”

If you accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior today, please email me at dw3@gospellightsociety.com and let us know. There is some free material that we want to send you. If you have a prayer request, please e-mail that to us as well, and we will pray for you until you tell us to stop.

God loves you. We love you. And may God bless you.

The Words Jesus Spoke to His Father Before Going Through Hell, Part 7 (Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign, Day 285)

JJMessage


TEXT: John 17:12-16:

12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

———-

Today, I am continuing the daily Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign sermon series, which is aimed at sharing the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ with unbelievers and reminding Christians, in this important election year, to keep the main thing the main thing — and that is reaching unbelievers with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and praying for their salvation, for the problem in America is not only disobedient presidents, politicians, and people, but disobedient pastors, preachers, and parishioners who have refused to obey the Lord’s Great Commission which is to, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” and who have refused to obey God’s repeated commands to “pray without ceasing” for unbelievers, believers, and political leaders. Yes, you should pray for the right candidate to win; yes, you should vote for the candidate that the Lord gives you peace about voting for. But, don’t get caught up in it like the world does. Nothing much is going to change until people get saved and get their hearts right with the Lord.

This campaign is inspired by the following three verses: 1 Corinthians 2:2 which says, “For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.” Acts 5:42 which says, “And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.” And 2 Timothy 2:4 which says, “No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.”

This series is not for Christians necessarily. However, I do hope you are one of those saints who still loves to hear the “Old, old story of Jesus and His love” — As another hymn says, “For those who know it best Seem hungering and thirsting to hear it like the rest.” This series is primarily for unbelievers, so they can hear and understand the Gospel and be saved from sin and the punishment of sin which is hell. This is message number 285.

John MacDuff said, “Believer, is not this the source – the proper source of your joy – that Jesus lived, and suffered, and died for you – that He paid “all that great debt” you owed to law and justice, and washed away the foul stain of your guilt, in His own most precious blood?”

In this prayer, Jesus is essentially turning the disciples over to God. He has had them for a time, to teach and train them, and He has kept them well — that is, they have remained faithful up until this point.

Jesus acknowledges that one, Judas, was lost as he was the “son of perdition” who would fulfill the Old Testament prophecy that the Messiah would be betrayed by one of His own. Note, however, that Jesus does not say that He lost Judas, rather that Judas WAS lost. Henry Morris said, “‘The son of perdition’ points to character rather than destiny. The expression means that he was characterized by ‘lostness,’ not that he was predestined to be ‘lost.'” Judas was lost by virtue of his own choices, his own struggle with darkness which he apparently lost.

Jesus now begins to elaborate on His previous requests — that the disciples would remain in His joy and that they would be kept from evil in the world. His first request is, “These things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.”

The world and the devil will try to tell us that God wants to take joy from our lives. But that is not true. The only true joy that you will ever have in this world is that which comes from Jesus. Jesus lived a life that was characterized by joy; in fact, He called it “my joy.” It may not have always seemed like it, but Jesus was the most joyful individual who ever lived. The reasons why Jesus was so filled with joy is very simple.

First, Jesus never sinned. Sin is a sure joy-killer. The more you sin, the less joy you will have in your life. Sin that is unconfessed and still on your conscience will consistently siphon whatever joy you do have.

Second, Jesus had unbroken fellowship with God. This fellowship existed, not just because He never sinned, but because He maintained regular prayer and communion with His Heavenly Father. If you want more joy in your life, start communicating with God more through prayer, Bible reading, and meditation.

The third reason why Jesus had consistent joy is because He was engaged in ministry. He was constantly serving God by helping others, preaching the Gospel, and teaching the truths of the Kingdom of God. It is a well-documented fact that nothing will give you joy like serving others.

Jesus’ prayer to God is that “my joy might be fulfilled in them [the disciples].” This is His prayer for us today as well. Jesus wants us to have His joy. You might claim that you get joy by other means. But you don’t know joy until you taste the joy that Jesus gives.

Someone once wrote:

There is joy in serving Jesus
As I journey on my way
Joy that fills my heart with praises
Every hour and every day

There is joy in serving Jesus
Joy that triumphs over pain
Fills my heart with heaven’s music
Till I join the glad refrain

There is joy in serving Jesus
As I walk alone with God
‘Tis the joy of Christ my Saviour
Who the path of suffering trod

There is joy in serving Jesus
Joy amid the darkest night
For I’ve learned the wondrous secret
And I’m walking in the light

If you do not know Jesus Christ as your Saviour, John 3:16 states, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

The Bible also says in Romans 10:9 and 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved…. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. I am sorry for my sins, and I want to turn from my sins. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. I trust Him as my Savior and follow Him as Lord from this day forward. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.

If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”

If you accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior today, please email me at dw3@gospellightsociety.com and let us know. There is some free material that we want to send you. If you have a prayer request, please e-mail that to us as well, and we will pray for you until you tell us to stop.

God loves you. We love you. And may God bless you.

The Words Jesus Spoke to His Father Before Going Through Hell, Part 6 (Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign, Day 284)

JJMessage


TEXT: John 17:9-11:

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

———-

Today, I am continuing the daily Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign sermon series, which is aimed at sharing the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ with unbelievers and reminding Christians, in this important election year, to keep the main thing the main thing — and that is reaching unbelievers with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and praying for their salvation, for the problem in America is not only disobedient presidents, politicians, and people, but disobedient pastors, preachers, and parishioners who have refused to obey the Lord’s Great Commission which is to, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” and who have refused to obey God’s repeated commands to “pray without ceasing” for unbelievers, believers, and political leaders. Yes, you should pray for the right candidate to win; yes, you should vote for the candidate that the Lord gives you peace about voting for. But, don’t get caught up in it like the world does. Nothing much is going to change until people get saved and get their hearts right with the Lord.

This campaign is inspired by the following three verses: 1 Corinthians 2:2 which says, “For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.” Acts 5:42 which says, “And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.” And 2 Timothy 2:4 which says, “No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.”

This series is not for Christians necessarily. However, I do hope you are one of those saints who still loves to hear the “Old, old story of Jesus and His love” — As another hymn says, “For those who know it best Seem hungering and thirsting to hear it like the rest.” This series is primarily for unbelievers, so they can hear and understand the Gospel and be saved from sin and the punishment of sin which is hell. This is message number 284.

Thomas Watson said, “Many shepherds scarcely pray for themselves, but Christ prays for all His sheep. He prays that they may not wander, that they may not tire or faint, that they may not die along the way. This prayer of Christ prevails with God. There is not one minute wherein we can say that Christ is not praying for us. How can these sheep miscarry—when their blessed Shepherd is always watching over them and praying for them!”

In His prayer, Jesus had two specific requests for His disciples.

First, He prayed that they would be preserved in the world. Jesus said, “Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me…” The word used for “keep” means to guard or to preserve. While He was with them, Jesus acted as a safeguard for His disciples, protecting them from worldly and satanic influences. Nothing could touch them while Jesus was present with them.

Now Jesus says, “I am no more in the world, but these are in the world.” With Jesus going back to the Father, the disciples would still need to be kept and preserved. Isn’t it interesting that Jesus does not indicate that the disciples should be able to preserve or keep themselves now? This is because the preservation of the saints is completely in the hands of God. God is the one who prevents us from being snatched back by the world and the devil. So, Jesus prays that God would exercise His preserving power over the disciples and keep them in the family of God.

The second specific request that Jesus makes for His disciples is that there be unity among them. He says, “that they may be one, as we are [one].” Jesus knew that if the Gospel mission was going to be successful, the small band of disciples would need to be unified. Jesus wants them to be unified in spirit, in heart, and in purpose, moving forward to a common goal — just as He and the Father are.

Jesus taught that a house divided against itself cannot stand.

The devil specializes in sowing discord among believers. If the devil cannot tear us down from the outside, he will try to get us to turn on each other on the inside. As Jesus said, “a house divided against itself shall not stand.” The devil wants us to stay at odds with one another, rendering us paralyzed and ineffective because we are unwilling to work together. So, Jesus prays for His disciples to remain unified. Unity was Jesus’ prayer for the disciples, and it is still His prayer for us today — that we may be one as He and the Father are one

Of course, God heard and answered the prayers of His Son for the disciples. The Bible records that, after a few days of uncertainty, doubt, and confusion, the disciples banded together beneath the freshly blood-stained banner of the cross. They were not drawn back into the world, instead they turned the world upside down for Christ. The foundation and success of the early church is a testament to the power of Jesus’ prayer and the prayers of the early saints who followed the Lord’s example.

W. G. Ovens wrote:

Dying for me, dying for me,
There on the cross He was dying for me;
Now in His death my redemption I see,
All because Jesus was dying for me.

Risen for me, risen for me,
Up from the grave He has risen for me;
Now evermore from death’s sting I am free,
All because Jesus has risen for me.

Living for me, living for me,
Up in the skies He is living for me;
Daily He’s pleading and praying for me,
All because Jesus is living for me.

If you do not know Jesus Christ as your Saviour, John 3:16 states, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

The Bible also says in Romans 10:9 and 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved…. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. I am sorry for my sins, and I want to turn from my sins. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. I trust Him as my Savior and follow Him as Lord from this day forward. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.

If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”

If you accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior today, please email me at dw3@gospellightsociety.com and let us know. There is some free material that we want to send you. If you have a prayer request, please e-mail that to us as well, and we will pray for you until you tell us to stop.

God loves you. We love you. And may God bless you.