This is the “chief of sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, with the Gospel Light Minute X Podcast #336 titled, “What Does it Mean to Say ‘Yes’ to God?.” I’m here to remind you of what the Bible says, that “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” like you and me.
There is a lesson in Paul’s letter to the Ephesians where he describes what it means to say ‘Yes’ to God. You can read Paul’s words in Ephesians 2 in the Bible.
Saying ‘Yes’ to God means to throw yourself into the Arms of Jesus—the only Son of God Who:
- lived among us for a time,
- gave His life to make us right with God,
- was raised from the dead,
- was seen by hundreds in His new body,
- and returned to the side of His (and your) Father where He is building His church and getting ready to set all things right when He returns.
- This is the same Jesus Who invites you, right now, to come and join Him in His long term project for our world: setting all things right.
When you say ‘Yes’ to God, you invite God to set things right between Him and you. This is not a project you undertake. You don’t start following a set of rules. You simply throw yourself on God’s mercy and trust Him to fix things in you and for you. Continue reading “What Does it Mean to Say ‘Yes’ to God? (Gospel Light Minute X #336)”