This is the “chief of sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, with the Gospel Light Minute X Podcast #389 titled, “How a Key Principle of Karate Helps You Understand Getting Your Soul Saved From Hell Through Jesus Christ.” I’m here to remind you of what the Bible says, that “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” like you and me.
Most people are familiar with Karate, a martial arts form of self-defense. Its origin dates back many centuries ago, when Chinese monks developed Kung Fu. In the 1600s, this system of self-defense was imported to the tiny island nation of Okinawa. Under the dominion of the Japanese Samurai, all weapons were banned to keep the people of Okinawa in subjection. For protection from their oppressors, the native people learned to use their farm tools as weapons, and over time perfected Chinese boxing into its present form we know as Karate.
The creed of all true Karate practitioners is this: I come to you with only karate, empty hands. I have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles, or my honor, be it a matter of life or death, right or wrong, then here are my weapons, karate, my empty hands.
He is a former NFL football player and an actor. He played professional football from 1991 to 1997. After being drafted by the Los Angeles Rams, he went on to play for the San Diego Chargers, the Washington Redskins, and the Philadelphia Eagles. After retiring, he focused on an acting career. He is best known for playing Julius on the sitcom “Everybody Hates Chris” and for his appearances in commercials for Old Spice. His film credits include: “Friday After Next”, “Soul Plane”, “White Chicks”, and “The Expendables”. He and his family starred in the BET reality series “The Family Crews”. He also stars on the Golden Globe Award–winning Fox sitcom “Brooklyn Nine-Nine”. He has been married to a former model and Christian musician for nearly 25 years and they have five children.
He is a devout Christian who refers to himself as a “servant to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” He grew up in a strict Christian household, where he was raised primarily by his mother. He attributes his dedication to his family life and his Christian faith to his upbringing in Flint, Michigan. In an interview with MLive.com, he said, “Going to church with [my] family helped me to learn about the faith, and I feel that [my] own success and safety illustrate its validity.” He went on to say, “There were times I’ll be running down the (football) field, I’ll see a guy right next to me, and he’s just laid out. His knee gets blown out. … When you grow up in Flint, that event you were going to go to, you find out your friend got shot at that event. You think, ‘Wow, maybe God is looking after me.’ … That’s one reason I knew I’d reach some measure of fame, just because I always felt a call [of God]. I’m being protected.”
His name is Terry Crews.
This is the “Chief of Sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, reminding you of what the Bible says, that “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” like you and me. Just as Terry Crews gave his life to Christ, may I encourage you to do the same. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don’t think that you’re alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
Remember, friend, Believe by faith. Share the faith. and Keep the faith!