Posts Tagged ‘ pray ’

How to Pray for the Good and Faithful Saints That You Don’t Know, Part 10 (Praying Through the Bible #329)


Daniel Whyte III

Daniel Whyte III

TEXT: Colossians 1:1-14

1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timotheus our brother,

2 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

3 We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,

4 Since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, and of the love which ye have to all the saints,

5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;

6 Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:

7 As ye also learned of Epaphras our dear fellowservant, who is for you a faithful minister of Christ;

8 Who also declared unto us your love in the Spirit.

9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

— PRAYER —

We are in a series of messages titled “Praying Through the Bible: A Series on Every Passage and Verse Regarding Prayer in the Bible.” The purpose of this series is to encourage and motivate you to pray to the God of the Bible. We highlighted each of these over 500 verses and passages in the Prayer Motivator Devotional Bible. So far, we have completed 328 messages in this series.

This is message #329 titled, How to Pray for the Good and Faithful Saints That You Don’t Know, Part 10.

Over the past few messages, we have looked at the specific prayer requests that Paul made for the believers in Colosse. He prayed for them: (1) to have the “knowledge of God’s will”; (2) to walk worthy of their salvation; (3) to be “fruitful in every good work”; (4) to ‘increase in the knowledge of God’; and (5) that they would be ‘strengthened with all might according to God’s glorious power.’

In our last message, we looked at the ways the mighty strength of God ought to be used in our lives; the might of God strengthens us to be longsuffering and patient. Verse 11 tells us that another way the strength of God empowers us is that it enables us to be joyful during times of longsuffering and patience. Being longsuffering and patient “with joyfulness,” is not always easy. We think of joy as something that simply comes to us, picks us up, and carries us along. However, joy does not always happen that way. Joy is very often a choice. Joy is very often a condition that stands in opposition to our circumstances. Joy is very often a state of mind in which we exist when the world around us and people around us are not reflecting that joy.

The Greek word translated as “joyfulness” in this verse is chara and it means “calm delight, exceeding gladness.” It is used throughout the New Testament to describe those who have heard the Gospel or the news of the Kingdom of Heaven being established on Earth. It is the same term used in Matthew 2:10: “When [the Wise Men] saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.” These verses show us that our joy is not based on circumstances, but on the Gospel of Christ and the good news that the Kingdom of God has come to dwell among men. As long as we keep that in mind, we can be joyful at any time.

William Burkitt said, “The cross of Christ and sufferings for Christ are unavoidable. Although they will shock an ordinary patience and constancy of mind, might — all might, power — glorious power, which is here prayed for us, and elsewhere promised to us, can and will enable us to stand under them. Glorious power will be victorious power. Patience is needful, nay, indispensably necessary, to enable a Christian to bear trials and glorify God in an afflicted condition. All patience is necessary in order to cheerfully bear our afflictions. Patience at all times, patience under all crosses, patience, if possible, without any mixture of impatience; patience that may give a man the possession of himself, and quiet the whole man, the tongue, the hand, and the heart.”

Such patience, longsuffering, and joy can be wrought in us and in others by prayer to God.

Barney E. Warren wrote:

I will sing, hallelujah, for there’s joy in the Lord,
And He fills my heart with rapture as I rest on His Word;
I will trust in His promise; I will shout, I am free;
In my blessed, loving Savior, I have sweet victory.

I will live for the Savior, I am His evermore;
I am resting in His favor, I am safe and secure;
For the light shining brighter on my path every day
Cheers my happy soul with rapture as I walk in the way.

When I reach heaven’s portals, in that land of the blest,
I shall sing with holy angels of this rest, happy rest;
I shall dwell there forever with my Lord and my King,
And with everlasting praises make those high arches ring.

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

Now, if you are with us today, and you do not know the Lord Jesus Christ as your Saviour, your first prayer needs to be what we call the Sinner’s Prayer. First, please understand that you are a sinner, just as I am, and that you have broken God’s laws. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”

Second, accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”

Third, accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Also, the Bible states in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”

Now this is bad news, but here’s the good news. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will.

Romans 10:9 & 13 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved… For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your Salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.

If you just trusted Jesus Christ as your Saviour, and you prayed that prayer and meant it from your heart, I declare to you that based upon the Word of God, you are now saved from Hell and you are on your way to Heaven. Welcome to the family of God! Congratulations on trusting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. You have done the most important thing in life. For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door, by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”

God loves you. We love you. And may God bless you.


Daniel Whyte III has spoken in meetings across the United States and in over twenty-five foreign countries. He is the author of over forty books including the Essence Magazine, Dallas Morning News, and Amazon.com national bestseller, Letters to Young Black Men. He is also the president of Gospel Light Society International, a worldwide evangelistic ministry that reaches thousands with the Gospel each week, as well as president of Torch Ministries International, a Christian literature ministry.

He is heard by thousands each week on his radio broadcasts/podcasts, which include: The Prayer Motivator Devotional, The Prayer Motivator Minute, as well as Gospel Light Minute X, the Gospel Light Minute, the Sunday Evening Evangelistic Message, the Prophet Daniel’s Report, the Second Coming Watch Update and the Soul-Winning Motivator, among others.

He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from Bethany Divinity College, a Bachelor’s degree in Religion from Texas Wesleyan University, a Master’s degree in Religion, a Master of Divinity degree, and a Master of Theology degree from Liberty University’s Rawlings School of Divinity (formerly Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary). He is currently a candidate for the Doctor of Ministry degree.

He has been married to the former Meriqua Althea Dixon, of Christiana, Jamaica since 1987. God has blessed their union with seven children.

Advertisements

How the Saints of God Should Pray, Part 11 (Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign, Day 495 since Jan. 20, 2017 / Day 862 since Jan. 1, 2016)


TEXT: Matthew 6:9-13

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

—–

On yesterday, we began looking at the fourth essential part of The Lord’s Prayer, where Jesus tells us to pray, “Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.” When we pray, we ought to confess our sins — even those things that we may not think of as serious sins. When we confess our sins, God promises to forgive us of them. However, there is something additional that we must do before we can regard our sins as forgiven: we must forgive those who have sinned against us. Our prayer is, “Forgive us our debts, AS WE forgive our debtors.”

The Greek word for ‘debt’ means something that is owed — a spiritual or moral debt owed to God, or in this case to the person praying and seeking forgiveness. In the parallel passage of the Lord’s Prayer found in Luke, a different Greek word — hamartia — is used which clearly indicates that the prayer is talking about sin and not financial obligations. We cannot go to God asking for forgiveness of our sins if we refuse to forgive those who have sinned against us. “Well,” you say, “So-and-so has not come to me asking for forgiveness.” That is not the point. God didn’t wait for us to come to Him asking for salvation before He decided to send Jesus Christ as the sacrifice for sin. We ought to forgive freely because we have been freely forgiven by God. We are commanded in Ephesians 4:32 to ‘forgive one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.’

The phrases, “Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors,” are dependent on each other. God will not forgive us if we do not forgive those who have sinned against us. John MacArthur said, “If we want to enjoy the benefits of God’s forgiveness toward us, we must be willing to forgive other believers, even those who repeatedly sin against us. Or we can express this final principle more directly, which is that God does not forgive those who do not forgive others.”

Early in his life, John Wesley, one of the founders of Methodism, was a missionary to the American colonies. He ministered in the area that would one day become the state of Georgia. There was a general by the name of Oglethorpe with whom Wesley had some dealings. General Oglethorpe was a great military leader, but he had a reputation as a harsh and brutal man. One day he said to John Wesley, “I never forgive.” And Wesley replied, “Then, sir, I hope you never sin.”

We all have sinned against God and others. The Bible makes that plain. Our life experiences also make plain that others have sinned against us. There is a remedy for this undesirable part of the human condition — prayer to God and forgiveness of others. Let us be quick to forgive, quick to confess, and quick to pray: “Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors.”

Robert E. Smith wrote:

Remember Christ, our Savior
Who paid the debts you owed
To God the heavenly Father
And to you mercy showed.

When others sin against you
Be ready to forgive.
Since you have been forgiven
With them in peace now live.

O Father, Son, and Spirit,
O Patient Trinity,
Who lifts from us sin’s burden
And from its debt sets free.

Grant us the will to pardon
All those who us offend
That we might enter heaven
With them when ages end.

——-

Now, if you are with us today and you do not know Jesus Christ as your Savior, allow me to show you how you can place your faith and trust in Him for Salvation from sin and Hell.

First, accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”

Second, accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”

Third, accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Also, the Bible states in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”

Now that is bad news, but here’s the good news. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will.

Romans 10:9 & 13 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved… For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your Salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. I am sorry for my sins, and today I choose to turn from my sins. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. I trust Jesus Christ as my Savior and I choose to follow Him as Lord from this day forward. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.

If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the Cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”

If you accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior today, please email me at dw3@gospellightsociety.com and let us know. There is some free material that we want to send you. If you have a prayer request, please e-mail that to us as well, and we will pray for you until you tell us to stop.

God loves you. We love you. And may God bless you.

How the Saints of God Should Pray, Part 10 (Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign, Day 494 since Jan. 20, 2017 / Day 861 since Jan. 1, 2016)


TEXT: Matthew 6:9-13

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

—–

We are continuing our in-depth look at the six parts of what is called The Lord’s Prayer. As a reminder, those six essential building blocks are:

1. Praise and reverence for God.
2. Putting God’s will before ours.
3. Asking for our daily needs.
4. Asking for forgiveness of sin and forgiving others.
5. Asking for deliverance from temptation and evil.
6. Once again, praise and reverence for God.

We have already looked at the first three elements of this prayer — “Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name,” “Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven,” “Give us this day our daily bread…”

Today, we are going to begin looking at the fourth element in which Jesus Christ teaches us to pray, “And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.” Charles Spurgeon said, “No prayer of mortal men could be complete without confession of sin.” Why? Because even though we are saved, even though we strive to do what is right, it is inevitable that we will sometimes act or think in a manner that is displeasing to God. When we think of “sin,” our minds often focus on “big,” outward sins such as adultery, murder, lying, or stealing. But the Bible informs us that a lustful glance, the entertaining of impure thoughts, and not doing the good that we know to do are all offensive in God’s eyes. When we pray, we must confess each of those infractions as sins as well.

In his autobiography, Just As I Am, evangelist Billy Graham tells the story of how one day he got sick and was taken to the hospital. He had preached in hundreds of crusades and events around the world. He was getting on up in years, and as he lay in that hospital bed with pain wracking his body, he began to pray and ask God to just take him on home. He said, “As I lay in that hospital bed, I came face to face with my own sins and the Glory of God. God reminded me of even the little things that I had done that were offensive to Him, and I confessed them one by one.”

Let’s look closely at the word “forgive” in this passage. This word comes from a Greek word which means to send away or to set loose. It was a legal term which meant to free someone from a bond, to acquit, or to make exempt. That is what God does for us when He forgives us. He sets us loose from our sin and the guilt of sin. God’s promise to repentant sinners is, “I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember them no more. However, 1 John 1:9 says, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins.” Just as salvation is conditional on our acceptance of the gift offered through Jesus Christ, forgiveness of sins after salvation is conditional on the confession of our sins. So, in prayer, we must confess our sins and ask God to forgive us of our sins, and because He cannot lie, He will forgive us.

In his hymn, “An Evening Prayer,” C. Maude Battersby wrote:

If I have wounded any soul today,
If I have caused one foot to go astray,
If I have walked in my own willful way,
Dear Lord, forgive!

If I have uttered idle words or vain,
If I have turned aside from want or pain,
Lest I myself shall suffer through the strain,
Dear Lord, forgive!

If I have been perverse or hard, or cold,
If I have longed for shelter in Thy fold,
When Thou hast given me some fort to hold,
Dear Lord, forgive!

Forgive the sins I have confessed to Thee;
Forgive the secret sins I do not see;
O guide me, love me and my keeper be,
Dear Lord, Amen.

——-

Now, if you are with us today and you do not know Jesus Christ as your Savior, allow me to show you how you can place your faith and trust in Him for Salvation from sin and Hell.

First, accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”

Second, accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”

Third, accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Also, the Bible states in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”

Now that is bad news, but here’s the good news. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will.

Romans 10:9 & 13 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved… For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your Salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. I am sorry for my sins, and today I choose to turn from my sins. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. I trust Jesus Christ as my Savior and I choose to follow Him as Lord from this day forward. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.

If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the Cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”

If you accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior today, please email me at dw3@gospellightsociety.com and let us know. There is some free material that we want to send you. If you have a prayer request, please e-mail that to us as well, and we will pray for you until you tell us to stop.

God loves you. We love you. And may God bless you.

How the Saints of God Should Pray, Part 8 (Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign, Day 491 since Jan. 20, 2017 / Day 858 since Jan. 1, 2016)


On this Father’s Day, we thank God for being the greatest Father of all and we thank God for giving us good fathers.

TEXT: Matthew 6:9-13

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

—–

We are continuing our in depth look at the six parts of what is called the Lord’s prayer. Those six essential parts are:

1. We praise and recognize God.
2. We put God’s will before ours.
3. We ask for our daily needs.
4. We confess our sins and ask for forgiveness of sin.
5. We ask God to deliver us from temptation and evil.
6. We praise and recognize God’s glory once again.

We have already looked at the first and second building blocks of this prayer — “Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name” and “Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.” Today, we are going to begin looking at the third building block through which Jesus teaches us to pray, “Give us this day our daily bread.”

Now, if we’re honest, most of us will admit that we do not like this prayer. We do not want to have to look to God — or to anyone else for that matter — for our daily bread. We want to be able to look in our refrigerator, or at least in our bank accounts, and know that we will have food and other necessities for the next few days, weeks, and months. And, sometimes, God will give us the luxury of that blessing.

But why doesn’t God do that for all of us all the time? Why doesn’t He give us provisions or the assurance of provisions for an extended amount of time? If you recall, He didn’t do that for the Israelites in the wilderness. God sent manna down each morning, and the Israelites were to go out and gather just what they needed for that day. What was God doing? God was teaching the Israelites that they needed to trust Him and depend on Him for everything.

God wants to teach us that today as well. That is why Jesus taught us to pray, “Give us this day our daily bread.” Even though we may not like having to depend on God for our needs, the fact of the matter is we are already dependent on God for our very lives. Every breath we take is a gift from God. At any moment in this world, disaster can strike, and we can end up dead or seriously injured. D.L. Moody said, “A man can no more take a supply of grace for the future than he can eat enough today to last him for the next six months; nor can he inhale sufficient air into his lungs with one breath to sustain life for a week to come. We are permitted to draw upon God’s store of grace from day to day as we need it!”

Knowing that we are dependent on God helps us grow closer to Him and increases our loyalty and faithfulness to him.

Joy Rice Martin wrote:

Once I was burdened, with many a care,
Problems too hard for my weak soul to bear,
Then in God’s Word came a message so clear,
Pray about everything!

Ask of your Father, He loves to please,
Unlock his treasure; He gives us the keys,
Claiming this promise I dropped to my knees,
Pray about everything.

Riches in Jesus, abundant and free,
Needs in our work, or whatever it be,
Ours for the asking, This only his plea,
Pray about everything.

——-

Now, if you are with us today and you do not know Jesus Christ as your Savior, allow me to show you how you can place your faith and trust in Him for Salvation from sin and Hell.

First, accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”

Second, accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”

Third, accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Also, the Bible states in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”

Now that is bad news, but here’s the good news. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will.

Romans 10:9 & 13 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved… For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your Salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. I am sorry for my sins, and today I choose to turn from my sins. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. I trust Jesus Christ as my Savior and I choose to follow Him as Lord from this day forward. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.

If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the Cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”

If you accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior today, please email me at dw3@gospellightsociety.com and let us know. There is some free material that we want to send you. If you have a prayer request, please e-mail that to us as well, and we will pray for you until you tell us to stop.

God loves you. We love you. And may God bless you.

How the Saints of God Should Pray, Part 2 (Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign, Day 481 since Jan. 20, 2017 / Day 848 since Jan. 1, 2016)


TEXT: Matthew 6:9-13

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

———-

Yesterday, we began looking at the Lord’s Prayer — the model prayer that Jesus gave us upon which to build all of our prayers. First, we saw that, even though it is a prayer of brief size and a prayer that many are taught to memorize as children, this prayer is not designed for us to repeat over and over again. It is meant as a guide that is easy to remember as we pray about a vast number of things on a great number of different occasions.

The second thing we notice about The Lord’s Prayer is its structure or organization. It is basically six different petitions. Andrew Murray summarizes them as follows: “First, THY name, THY kingdom, THY will; then, give US, forgive US, lead US. This lesson is of more importance than we think. In true worship [and in true prayer], the Father must be first, the Father must be all. The sooner we learn to forget ourselves in the desire that He may be glorified, the richer will the blessing be that prayer brings to ourselves.”

The six segments of the Lord’s Prayer are as follows: First, there is praise and recognition of God. “Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.” Second, there is the putting of God’s will before ours. “Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.” Third, there is the request for our daily needs. “Give us this day our daily bread.” Fourth, there is the confession of sin and request for forgiveness. “And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.” Fifth, there is the request for deliverance from temptation and sin. “And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.” Sixth and finally, there is again praise and recognition of God and His sovereignty. “For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen.”

All of our prayers can be modeled around this basic, six-point pattern. At times, it may appear to be too simplistic, but it is not. When Jesus says, “in this manner therefore pray ye,” He is speaking in the present imperative tense. This is a command calling for us to make prayer after this pattern the habit of our lives. Prayer is not to be an occasional occurrence, but a lifestyle. It is sometimes a difficult task, but by praying the Lord’s prayer, we can be successful and consistent in our prayer life.

Mary J. Helphinstine wrote:

I’m Jesus’ little trusting child,
I need Him every day,
To shield me from temptations wild—
I’ll not forget to pray.

I thank Him for His loving care,
That angels near me stay;
At evening shall ascend my prayer—
I’ll not forget to pray.

And every morn, before I start
Upon another day,
I’ll ask the Lord to keep my heart—
I’ll not forget to pray.

Or should some trial come apace
I’ll hasten then away,
To ask the Lord for strength and grace—
I’ll not forget to pray.

——-

Now, if you are with us today and you do not know Jesus Christ as your Savior, allow me to show you how you can place your faith and trust in Him for Salvation from sin and Hell.

First, accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”

Second, accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”

Third, accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Also, the Bible states in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”

Now that is bad news, but here’s the good news. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will.

Romans 10:9 & 13 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved… For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your Salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. I am sorry for my sins, and today I choose to turn from my sins. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. I trust Jesus Christ as my Savior and I choose to follow Him as Lord from this day forward. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.

If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the Cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”

If you accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior today, please email me at dw3@gospellightsociety.com and let us know. There is some free material that we want to send you. If you have a prayer request, please e-mail that to us as well, and we will pray for you until you tell us to stop.

God loves you. We love you. And may God bless you.

How the Saints of God Should Pray, Part 1 (Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign, Day 480 since Jan. 20, 2017 / Day 847 since Jan. 1, 2016)


TEXT: Matthew 6:5-13

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

———-

Robert Law said, “Prayer is a mighty instrument, not for getting man’s will done in heaven, but for getting God’s will done in earth.”

Warren Wiersbe said, “This prayer is known familiarly as “The Lord’s Prayer,” but “The Disciples’ Prayer” would be a more accurate title. Jesus did not give this prayer to us to be memorized and recited a given number of times. In fact, He gave this prayer to keep us from using vain repetitions. Jesus did not say, “Pray in these words.” He said, “Pray after this manner”; that is, “Use this prayer as a pattern, not as a substitute.”

As we have seen over the last few messages in this series, Jesus gave His disciples instructions on how to pray. Now, He is giving them an example of prayer. He is showing them how to pray. He says, “After this manner therefore pray ye…” The word “manner” means pattern or guide. Jesus is laying out the framework of prayer for the Christian. We can look at this prayer as a structure upon which we can build our own prayers. There is nothing wrong with praying this prayer by itself, however it was not intended to be a prayer that we recite ritualistically. Nor is it intended to be the only prayer that we pray. Charles Spurgeon said, “It seems to me that Christ gave [the Lord’s Prayer] as a model, whereby we are to fashion all our prayers, and I think we may use it to edification, and with great sincerity and earnestness, at certain times and seasons.”

The first thing we notice about this prayer is its size or length. Jesus did not give us a long prayer to pray nor did He give us a series of statements to repeat over and over again. It only takes a minute to pray the Lord’s prayer itself. The length of this prayer is in keeping with Jesus’ instructions in previous verses to not engage in vain repetition or mindless utterings in our prayers. Brother Lawrence wrote about the value of praying short prayers, and one of the benefits to praying short prayers is that it keeps our minds from wandering to other topics.

——-

Now, if you are with us today and you do not know Jesus Christ as your Savior, allow me to show you how you can place your faith and trust in Him for Salvation from sin and Hell.

First, accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”

Second, accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”

Third, accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Also, the Bible states in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”

Now that is bad news, but here’s the good news. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will.

Romans 10:9 & 13 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved… For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your Salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. I am sorry for my sins, and today I choose to turn from my sins. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. I trust Jesus Christ as my Savior and I choose to follow Him as Lord from this day forward. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.

If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the Cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”

If you accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior today, please email me at dw3@gospellightsociety.com and let us know. There is some free material that we want to send you. If you have a prayer request, please e-mail that to us as well, and we will pray for you until you tell us to stop.

God loves you. We love you. And may God bless you.

How to Do Good Deeds, Part 14 (Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign, Day 478 since Jan. 20, 2017 / Day 845 since Jan. 1, 2016)


TEXT: Matthew 6:5-8

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

———-

If we take prayer to God seriously, we will not engage in some of the foolish behavior of heathens and hypocrites when we approach Him. We will not pray to be seen and rewarded of men; instead, we will pray in secret because God sees and hears in secret but rewards openly. Also, we will not engage in vain repetition when we pray. The main reason why we ought not to play games with prayer is because our Heavenly Father already knows what we intend to ask for. Yet, He still requires us to ask.

Although, God wishes to come to our aid — Isaiah 30:18 says, “the LORD will wait that he may be gracious unto you and have mercy upon you” — He will wait until we ask Him specifically. Sometimes He wants us to realize that we are at the end of our feeble strength and meager resources before He intervenes. This is so that we will learn to depend wholly on Him. When we cry out to Him in prayer, He wants us to do so with complete dependence on Him as His children.

Praying to God in light of His omniscience and sovereignty also helps us to examine our requests in the light of His will. Because God already knows the deepest desires of our hearts, we can re-evaluate our wishes and truly see if they are in alignment with God’s will. Thus, we can begin to pray more effectively and we will be more careful stewards of provisions from God which He supplies in answer to our prayers.

It is often said that prayer changes things. That is true. But prayer does not change God or God’s will. The main change brought about by prayer is a change in us. Through prayer to a sovereign, omniscient God who already knows our needs, we grow in humility and faith, and we become better prepared for the changes that will be brought about in our circumstances and the course of events in our lives and the lives of others.

Isaac Watts wrote:

Hear me, O God, nor hide Thy face;
But answer, lest I die;
Hast Thou not built a throne of grace
To hear when sinners cry?

Thou wilt arise and show Thy face,
Nor will my Lord delay
Beyond the appointed hour of grace,
That long-expected day.

He hears His saints, He knows their cry,
And by mysterious ways
Redeems the prisoners doomed to die,
And fills their tongues with praise.

——-

Now, if you are with us today and you do not know Jesus Christ as your Savior, allow me to show you how you can place your faith and trust in Him for Salvation from sin and Hell.

First, accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”

Second, accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”

Third, accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Also, the Bible states in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”

Now that is bad news, but here’s the good news. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will.

Romans 10:9 & 13 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved… For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your Salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. I am sorry for my sins, and today I choose to turn from my sins. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. I trust Jesus Christ as my Savior and I choose to follow Him as Lord from this day forward. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.

If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the Cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”

If you accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior today, please email me at dw3@gospellightsociety.com and let us know. There is some free material that we want to send you. If you have a prayer request, please e-mail that to us as well, and we will pray for you until you tell us to stop.

God loves you. We love you. And may God bless you.How to Do Good Deeds, Part 14 (Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign, Day 478 since Jan. 20, 2017 / Day 845 since Jan. 1, 2016)

TEXT: Matthew 6:5-8

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

———-

If we take prayer to God seriously, we will not engage in some of the foolish behavior of heathens and hypocrites when we approach Him. We will not pray to be seen and rewarded of men; instead, we will pray in secret because God sees and hears in secret but rewards openly. Also, we will not engage in vain repetition when we pray. The main reason why we ought not to play games with prayer is because our Heavenly Father already knows what we intend to ask for. Yet, He still requires us to ask.

Although, God wishes to come to our aid — Isaiah 30:18 says, “the LORD will wait that he may be gracious unto you and have mercy upon you” — He will wait until we ask Him specifically. Sometimes He wants us to realize that we are at the end of our feeble strength and meager resources before He intervenes. This is so that we will learn to depend wholly on Him. When we cry out to Him in prayer, He wants us to do so with complete dependence on Him as His children.

Praying to God in light of His omniscience and sovereignty also helps us to examine our requests in the light of His will. Because God already knows the deepest desires of our hearts, we can re-evaluate our wishes and truly see if they are in alignment with God’s will. Thus, we can begin to pray more effectively and we will be more careful stewards of provisions from God which He supplies in answer to our prayers.

It is often said that prayer changes things. That is true. But prayer does not change God or God’s will. The main change brought about by prayer is a change in us. Through prayer to a sovereign, omniscient God who already knows our needs, we grow in humility and faith, and we become better prepared for the changes that will be brought about in our circumstances and the course of events in our lives and the lives of others.

Isaac Watts wrote:

Hear me, O God, nor hide Thy face;
But answer, lest I die;
Hast Thou not built a throne of grace
To hear when sinners cry?

Thou wilt arise and show Thy face,
Nor will my Lord delay
Beyond the appointed hour of grace,
That long-expected day.

He hears His saints, He knows their cry,
And by mysterious ways
Redeems the prisoners doomed to die,
And fills their tongues with praise.

——-

Now, if you are with us today and you do not know Jesus Christ as your Savior, allow me to show you how you can place your faith and trust in Him for Salvation from sin and Hell.

First, accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”

Second, accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”

Third, accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Also, the Bible states in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”

Now that is bad news, but here’s the good news. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will.

Romans 10:9 & 13 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved… For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your Salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. I am sorry for my sins, and today I choose to turn from my sins. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. I trust Jesus Christ as my Savior and I choose to follow Him as Lord from this day forward. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.

If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the Cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”

If you accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior today, please email me at dw3@gospellightsociety.com and let us know. There is some free material that we want to send you. If you have a prayer request, please e-mail that to us as well, and we will pray for you until you tell us to stop.

God loves you. We love you. And may God bless you.

%d bloggers like this: