Our key Bible passage is Mark 16:15: “And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.”
Our lesson today is titled “The Great Commission, Part 3”
If those who have not heard the gospel are to have a chance to be saved, every believer must do all he can, under God’s direction, to get the gospel to them. God has a work for every Christian in fulfilling the Great Commission. You ask, “What can I do?” Here are five things:
1. Witness. God’s plan for evangelizing the world is for everyone who knows the story of Jesus to tell it to someone else—not only with his lips but also with his life. The Lord Jesus said, “Ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” Begin now, being a witness for the Lord Jesus, right where you are.
2. Pray. We can pray that God will send forth missionaries to the unsaved, and we can pray daily for the missionaries God has already sent forth. The Lord Jesus said, “The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.”
3. Give. When we give money to the Lord’s work, we are sharing in that work, and we will share in the rewards one day. We should give wisely, seeing to it that our money goes to those who are faithfully preaching the gospel. We should give joyfully, knowing that our money is being used that others may have eternal life. The Apostle Paul praised the church at Philippi for their faithful contribution to his ministry of preaching the Gospel. He said, “Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only. For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity.”
4. Prepare. If we want to be useful servants of the Lord, we must prepare ourselves. We can do this by setting aside time each day for Bible study and prayer and by memorizing Scripture verses. In 2 Timothy 2:15, we are told, “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” Get your tools ready and God will use you!
5. Go. We do not need to ask the Lord if He wants us to serve Him. God calls all of His children to serve Him. We can take God’s words to Jeremiah and apply them to ourselves: “Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.” The question you and I must ask is, “Lord, what will You have me to do?”
What will you do?
You have learned something of the terrible condition of those who do not know God. You have learned of your responsibility as a Christian to get the gospel to them. Now, the question is: What will you do?
Will you be a faithful witness for the Lord Jesus where you are? Will you pray that God will send forth labourers into the harvest field? Will you give that others may hear? Will you prepare yourself to serve the Lord more effectively? Will you go where God calls you to go?
Remember, “Only one life, ’twill soon be past. Only what’s done for Christ will last.”
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
If you do not know Jesus Christ as your Saviour, John 3:16 states, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
The Bible also says in Romans 10:9 and 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved…. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. I am sorry for my sins, and I want to turn from my sins. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. I trust Him as my Savior and follow Him as Lord from this day forward. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you just trusted Jesus Christ as your Saviour, and you prayed that prayer and meant it from your heart, I declare to you that based upon the Word of God, you are now saved from Hell and you are on your way to Heaven. Welcome to the family of God! I want to congratulate you on doing the most important thing in life and that is receiving Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
Until next time, May the Lord Bless You!