This is the “chief of sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, with the Gospel Light Minute X Podcast #397 titled, “How to Get Your Greatest Need in Life Met Today.” I’m here to remind you of what the Bible says, that “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” like you and me.
MAN’S GREATEST NEED
Sin has separated man from God. To be separated from God at death means to spend eternity in Hell, because God will not excuse sin, and sin must be punished. Man is sinful, but God is holy. The Blood of Jesus Christ is God’s way of meeting man’s greatest need.
GOD’S GREATEST SACRIFICE
God sent His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, to die on the cross as the payment for your sins: Romans 3:25 says, “Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood…” Notice that it was God’s plan, not man’s: “Whom God hath sent forth…” Secondly, notice that Christ died to pay for our sins: “…to be a propitiation…” Finally, this verse states that forgiveness is obtained simply by trusting what Jesus has done: “…through faith in his blood…” Because of the Blood, God can show mercy to sinners, yet still remain holy and just. “…that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.”
WHAT WILL JESUS’ BLOOD DO?
- The Blood washes and cleanses you from sin. The Bible says in Revelation 1:5, “…Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,” 1 John 1:7 says, “…and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.”
- The Blood pays for your forgiveness. The Bible says in Ephesians 1:7, “In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins…”
- The Blood makes peace with God. The Bible says in Colossians 1:20, “And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself…”
The Blood saves you from God’s wrath. The Bible says in Romans 5:9, “Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.”
The Blood opens the way to Heaven. The Bible says in Hebrews 10:19, “Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,”
WHAT MUST YOU DO?
- Admit your need. The Bible states in Romans 3:23, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” Psalm 51:3 says, “For I acknowledge my transgressions…” Psalm 38:18 says, “For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.”
- Trust God’s promises completely. The Bible says in Acts 16:31, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved…” Ephesians 2:8-9 states, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast” 1 Peter 1:18-19 says, “Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:”
- Cry out to God in prayer. Luke 18:13 says, “…God be merciful to me a sinner.” Romans 10:13 states, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
YOUR GREATEST DECISION
Jesus shed His Blood, was buried, and rose again the third day. At this moment He stands ready, able, and willing to save you. The choice is yours. A song says, “If the Blood of Christ is sufficient for God, it is surely sufficient for me.” It is the Blood that satisfies God.
Why not put your trust in Christ’s finished work, and call on Him for salvation now? The Bible states in Hebrews 7:25, “Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.” Revelation 1:5 says, “Jesus Christ…loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood.”
If you believe that Jesus Christ died in your place and rose again from the dead and you are willing to trust Jesus Christ with all of your heart so you can go to Heaven, please pray with me what is called the sinner’s prayer: Holy Father God, I acknowledge that I am a sinner and I admit that I have sinned against You and that I have broken Your Ten Commandments. I have lied before. I have stolen things before. I have lusted after people and things before. I have dishonored and disobeyed my parents. I have taken Your holy Name in vain. For Jesus Christ’s sake, please have mercy and grace upon my soul and forgive me of all of my sins, my failures, and my faults. As I now believe in Your Holy Son the Lord Jesus Christ. I believe that He suffered, bled, and died on the cross for my sins, was buried and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit and help me to repent of my sins past. Help me to turn from my old, evil life and follow You in the new life. For it is in Your Name I pray. Amen.
Thank you for listening to this Gospel presentation. If you have decided to trust Jesus Christ as your Saviour after listening to this podcast, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know. To find out more about what you need to do after trusting Christ as Savior, visit GospelLightSociety.com and read “What to Do After You Enter Through the Door”.
The tract this podcast is based on is published by Fellowship Tract League, a non-profit organization whose purpose is to spread God’s Word to the world through the printed page and other media. You can order copies of this tract online at FellowshipTractLeague.org.