This is the “chief of sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, with the Gospel Light Minute X Podcast #349 titled, “How to Have True Victory in Life”. I’m here to remind you of what the Bible says, that “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” like you and me.
Athletes have long-been aspiring for victory. Years of training, self-discipline, perseverance, patience, and determination are all in preparation for the goal. Whether competing as a team player or individually, the hope is to reach that defining moment when victory is claimed.
WHAT IS TRUE VICTORY?
Astylos (As-te-lus) of Croton, an Olympic champion in ancient Greece, donned the prestigious olive wreath six times, claiming highest victory in three Olympiads. A record-breaking runner, Astylos’ (As-te-lus) claim to fame was winning an event in which the athletes ran with a full armoured suit.
Though Astylos (As-te-lus) gained fame and notoriety and was among those reaching the pinnacle of successful athleticism, he died a defeated and lonely man. It was discovered by his compatriots, that he had received a bribe to participate under the banner of Syracuse. To dishonor his name, the people of Croton demolished his statue and converted his home into a prison. His family disowned him.
The victory of Astylos (As-te-lus) was temporary. The Bible, God’s Holy Word, says in 1 Corinthians 9:25, “And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.” True and lasting victory is not found in trophies, medals, and the praise of men. The victor standing in the winner’s circle today will be replaced by another tomorrow. Age, injury, and fading popularity prevent victory from being permanent.
True victory is not found in position, but in a Person, Jesus Christ. The Bible says in Mark 8:36, “For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?’ Friend, if you want true victory, it has already been won for you.
1. Without Jesus Christ, we are all losers. The Bible says in Romans 3:23, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” Because we are sinners, we are all under the condemnation of sin. Defeat is certain.
2. The condemnation of our sin will send us to an eternal death in hell. Romans 6:23 says, “For the wages of sin is death” Romans 5:12 says, “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:” If we have broken even one of God’s Ten Commandments, we will stand condemned before God. The Bible states in James 2:10, “For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.”
3. God loved us so much that He gave His only perfect and sinless Son to suffer in our place, He became our substitute. The Bible says in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” 1 Corinthians 5:21 says, “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin…” Romans 5:8 says, “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
4. Our victory was won when Jesus Christ triumphed over the grave and hell. 1 Corinthians 15:55,57 says, “O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?…But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” 2 Corinthians 5:3,4 says, “…Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:”
5. Christ’s victory is ours for the claiming. The prize is eternal life with Him in Heaven. The Bible says in John 1:12, “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:” Romans 10:13 says, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Friend, do not be satisfied with temporary victory. The accolades of men, material gain, and financial success will never give true peace and satisfaction. True victory has already been won for you! If you believe that Jesus Christ was crucified, buried, and that He rose again for you and if you trust Him as your only Saviour, you will receive the forgiveness of all your sin and the gift of eternal life. Step up and claim it. Call on the Lord Jesus Christ today!
If you are willing to trust Jesus Christ with all of your heart so you can go to Heaven, please pray with me what is called the sinner’s prayer: Holy Father God, I acknowledge that I am a sinner and I admit that I have sinned against You and that I have broken Your Ten Commandments. I have lied before. I have stolen things before. I have lusted after people and things before. I have dishonored and disobeyed my parents. I have taken Your holy Name in vain. For Jesus Christ’s sake, please have mercy and grace upon my soul and forgive me of all of my sins, my failures, and my faults. As I now believe in Your Holy Son the Lord Jesus Christ. I believe that He suffered, bled, and died on the cross for my sins, was buried and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit and help me to repent of my sins past. Help me to turn from my old, evil life and follow You in the new life. For it is in Your Name I pray. Amen.
Thank you for listening to this Gospel presentation. If you have decided to trust Jesus Christ as your Saviour after listening to this podcast, please email us at email@example.com and let us know. To find out more about what you need to do after trusting Christ as Savior, visit GospelLightSociety.com and read “What to Do After You Enter Through the Door”.
The tract this podcast is based on is published by Fellowship Tract League, a non-profit organization whose purpose is to spread God’s Word to the world through the printed page and other media. You can order copies of this tract online at Fellowshiptractleague.org.