10 Ways President Trump Can Help Black America; 10 Ways Black America Can Help President Trump (Part 10)
Proverbs 18:15 says, “The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge; and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge.”
— PRAYER —
As President Trump begins his time in office, I am sharing some practical and biblically-based ways in which he can help black America as well as some practical and biblically based ways black America can be of help to him.
So far, we have named the following ways President Trump can help black America:
1. President Trump Can Help Black America by Setting a Godly Example
2. President Trump Can Help Black America by Not Circumventing the Legitimate Leadership of the Black Community; Rather he Should Reach Out to Them Respectfully and Individually
3. President Trump Can Help Black America by Hiring a Trusted African-American to be One of his Senior Advisers Along with Steve Bannon, Kellyanne Conway, and Jared Kushner
4. President Trump Should Take Some Time to Learn How to Communicate Well With Black People
5. President Trump Needs to Cease Assuming that All Black People Live in “Hell”
6. President Trump Should Keep his Promise to Create Jobs
7. President Trump Should Make Health Care Truly Affordable and Universal
8. President Trump Should Keep Open (and Possibly Expand) Federal Student Aid
9. President Trump Should Establish a Scholarship for Black Students at his Alma Mater
We have also shared the following ways black America can help President Trump:
1. Black Americans Can Help President Trump by Praying for him
2. Black Americans Can Help President Trump by being Open-minded and Giving him a Chance
3. Black Americans Can Help President Trump by Respecting the Office Even if They Can’t Respect the Man Occupying the Office
4. Black Americans Should Not Do to President Trump What Some Whites, Including Trump, Did to President Obama
5. Black Americans Can Help the Trump Presidency by Working Hard and Striving to be Successful
6. Black Americans Should Not Take Out Their Frustrations With President Trump On Other White People
7. Black Christian Leaders Need to Step Up, Introduce Themselves, and Let Donald Trump Know They Want to Help Him “Make America Great Again”
8. Black Americans Should Find Things They Can Work On With the Trump Administration
9. Black Americans Should Apply for Business Training and Business Loans Under the Trump Administration
Allow me to share with you another way President Trump can help black America and another way black America can help President Trump.
— President Trump Should Start a Legitimate Institute to Train People in Business
Proverbs 18:15 says, “The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge; and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge.”
Regarding this verse, Matthew Henry said, “Those that are prudent will seek knowledge, and apply their ear and heart to the pursuit of it, their ear to attend to the means of knowledge and their heart to mix faith with what they hear and make a good improvement of it. Those that are prudent do not think they have prudence enough, but still see they have need of more; and the more prudent a man is the more inquisitive will he be after knowledge, the knowledge of God and his duty, and the way to heaven, for that is the best knowledge. Those that prudently seek knowledge shall certainly get knowledge, for God never said to such, Seek in vain, but, Seek and you shall find. If the ear seeks it, the heart gets it, and keeps it, and is enriched by it. We must get knowledge, not only into our heads, but into our hearts, get the savour and relish of it, apply what we know to ourselves and experience the power and influence of it.”
Scripture repeatedly speaks of the importance of teaching, training, or instructing others. Parents are instructed to teach their children. Older people are instructed to teach younger people. All people are instructed to take heed to teaching and training.
Those who are in positions of authority ought to seek to pass on their training to others. The woes of the ill-begotten Trump University have been well-documented in the media. However, in our view, a business school that teaches the principles President Trump himself has used to become successful is a great idea. Although, Mr. Trump should not directly run such an enterprise. He should sit down with experienced educators and work with them to create a curriculum and then hire teachers to teach that curriculum, both online and at a physical campus.
President Trump should consider making a huge donation to Liberty University and see if Dr. Falwell would let him open a Donald J. Trump School of Business at Liberty University.
No one can deny President Trump’s success in the business world. There are many who do not agree with his politics and who may not like his personality but are willing to learn how to win in business. I am sure there are many who will take advantage of this opportunity.
— Now, here is the tenth thing black people can do to help the new president: Black Churches Can Help Mr. Trump by Being the Church
Matthew 28:19-20 says, “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
Warren Wiersbe said our churches have departed from this great Commision “In most churches, the congregation pays the pastor to preach, win the lost, and build up the saved—while the church members function as cheerleaders (if they are enthusiastic) or spectators. The “converts” are won, baptized, and given the right hand of fellowship, then they join the other spectators. How much faster our churches would grow, and how much stronger and happier our church members would be, if each one were discipling another believer. The only way a local church can “be fruitful and multiply” (instead of growing by “additions”) is with a systematic discipleship program. This is the responsibility of every believer, and not just a small group who have been “called to go.”
These verses consist of what is called the Great Commission. It embodies the complete purpose of the church which has not changed since it was given by Jesus some 2,000 years. Unfortunately, many churches have gotten away from this Commission. We do a lot of other things, but we don’t do the main thing. John Wesley said, “You have one business on earth — to save souls.”
Far too many black churches are guilty of putting other things before the Gospel. Some have put social action in front of the Gospel; some have put politics in front of the Gospel; some have put prosperity in front of the Gospel. Many have forgotten that, as Andrae Crouch sang, “Jesus is the answer for the world today.”
The black church needs to get back to being Gospel-focused. Certainly, we ought to have a voice on social issues, especially those issues that are diametrically opposed to God’s word. But our primary focus should be on telling others about Jesus Christ and the grace that saves. Society needs this witness especially in this day and time when so much is up in the air. The black community needs this witness so that our people will know that their trust should not be in a man. Their trust should not have been in Obama, and it should not be in Trump. It should only be in God. If people begin placing their trust in God, they will not feel dismayed if and when something happens at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue that they do not like.
Some Christians have equated the election of Donald Trump with the beginning of a spiritual revival in America. Those who think this are sorely mistaken. Spiritual revival can only come through the church of the Lord Jesus Christ getting back to its first love and getting back to the basics of prayer, evangelism, and discipleship. We want a government that does its job, but we also need the church to do its job. The black church can be a help to the Trump administration by keeping the main thing the main thing and doing the work that it, not the government, is called to do. In the words of Tony Evans, “We’re not on the Democrat’s team. We’re not on the Republican’s team. We’re the referees for both teams.”
The church makes society better by living like Jesus and by winning people to Jesus. This is the only true hope and change possible for the world. The only way America will be truly great is by more people trusting Christ as Savior, and that requires the church to do its job in fulfilling the Great Commission.
In closing, allow me to remind you that the only way America’s problems can be truly solved is through Jesus Christ, God’s Son who came to this earth two thousand years ago. The problem with people on this earth is sin. And Jesus came to die on the cross for our sins, so that we would not have to suffer eternal punishment in Hell. Billy Graham once said, “I do not believe that any man can solve the problems of life without Jesus Christ.” No matter what problems you are facing, you can only find the solution for your problems in Jesus Christ. If you do not know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, please allow me to show you how you can accept Him as your Savior today:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20, “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 says, “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28, “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.”
4. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. Romans 10:9, 13 says: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
If you are willing to trust Christ as your Saviour, please pray the following prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. I am sorry for my sins, and today I choose to turn from my sins. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. I trust Jesus Christ as my Savior and I choose to follow Him as Lord from this day forward. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
If you accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior today, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know. There is some free material that we want to send you. If you have a prayer request, please e-mail that to us as well, and we will pray for you until you tell us to stop.
God loves you. We love you. And may God bless you.
Daniel Whyte III has spoken in meetings across the United States and in over twenty-five foreign countries. He is the author of over forty books including the Essence Magazine, Dallas Morning News, and Amazon.com national bestseller, Letters to Young Black Men. He is also the president of Gospel Light Society International, a worldwide evangelistic ministry that reaches thousands with the Gospel each week, as well as president of Torch Ministries International, a Christian literature ministry.
He is heard by thousands each week on his radio broadcasts/podcasts, which include: The Prayer Motivator Devotional, The Prayer Motivator Minute, as well as Gospel Light Minute X, the Gospel Light Minute, the Sunday Evening Evangelistic Message, the Prophet Daniel’s Report, the Second Coming Watch Update and the Soul-Winning Motivator, among others.
He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from Bethany Divinity College, a Bachelor’s degree in Religion from Texas Wesleyan University, a Master’s degree in Religion, a Master of Divinity degree, and a Master of Theology degree from Liberty University’s Rawlings School of Divinity (formerly Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary). He is currently a candidate for the Doctor of Ministry degree.
He has been married to the former Meriqua Althea Dixon, of Christiana, Jamaica since 1987. God has blessed their union with seven children.