Jesus Explains Why He Has to Go Back to Heaven, Part 5 (Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign, Day 265)
TEXT: John 16:12-13:
12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Today, I am continuing the daily Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign sermon series, which is aimed at sharing the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ with unbelievers and reminding Christians, in this important election year, to keep the main thing the main thing — and that is reaching unbelievers with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and praying for their salvation, for the problem in America is not only disobedient presidents, politicians, and people, but disobedient pastors, preachers, and parishioners who have refused to obey the Lord’s Great Commission which is to, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” and who have refused to obey God’s repeated commands to “pray without ceasing” for unbelievers, believers, and political leaders. Yes, you should pray for the right candidate to win; yes, you should vote for the candidate that the Lord gives you peace about voting for. But, don’t get caught up in it like the world does. Nothing much is going to change until people get saved and get their hearts right with the Lord.
This campaign is inspired by the following three verses: 1 Corinthians 2:2 which says, “For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.” Acts 5:42 which says, “And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.” And 2 Timothy 2:4 which says, “No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.”
This series is not for Christians necessarily. However, I do hope you are one of those saints who still loves to hear the “Old, old story of Jesus and His love” — As another hymn says, “For those who know it best Seem hungering and thirsting to hear it like the rest.” This series is primarily for unbelievers, so they can hear and understand the Gospel and be saved from sin and the punishment of sin which is hell. This is message number 265.
Alan Redpath said, “We need men so possessed by the Spirit of God that God can think His thoughts through our minds, that He can plan His will through our actions, that He can direct His strategy of world evangelization through His Church.”
Jesus continues telling the disciples of why He will send the Holy Spirit to them after He returns to Heaven. He says, “I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.” There was a lot more that Jesus wanted to tell the disciples, but He did not want to give them too much information all at once. They were barely able to process what Jesus had already told them in the last few hours. We have spent dozens of messages deciphering what He meant.
Instead of telling the disciples everything that He wants to tell them at the moment, Jesus would send the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit — the Spirit of truth — would guide the disciples into all truth. Remember, Jesus is the truth. So, the Holy Spirit’s process of guiding the disciples into truth was simply a way for them to get more “into” Jesus — to learn more about Him, to know more about His purpose.
That is why the Holy Spirit does not speak of himself, but of the Son; just as the Son did not speak of Himself, but of the Father. Jesus came to show the world the true nature of God. And the Holy Spirit came to continue to show believers the true nature of Jesus’ work.
This is why we must guard against those who say they accept what Jesus said, but not what the other New Testament writers said as though they were less than inspired. The truth is that the New Testament writers expound on and explain many of the things that Jesus only hinted at. For example, it was the Holy Spirit who revealed to the disciples that the Church was not for the Jews only, but for Gentiles as well. It was the Holy Spirit who revealed to the early Christians that many of the ritualistic Jewish customs were no longer binding under the New Covenant. Without the Holy Spirit, the Church would not have made the progress it has made for the glory of God.
While most theologians consider the Bible to be “closed canon” — meaning that the revelation that the Holy Spirit gave to the Bible writers is complete and that nothing will be added to the Word of God — there is no denying the fact that the Holy Spirit still carries out the task of guiding believers into truth today. We are confronted with lies and Satanic deception that first-century believers did not contend with. The Holy Spirit serves as a guide and a guard to our hearts and minds letting us know when something that is being taught by the world, the devil, or false teachers in the church is not in line with the truth of Jesus Christ and the Word of God.
Jesus said, “whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.” This is why we are not afraid of or deceived by the devil’s tricks. The Holy Spirit delivers messages directly from Jesus that apply to our present situation, enabling us to stand tall in the face of Satanic opposition. Knowing what the Holy Spirit is doing in our lives and in the church, we ought to say with the songwriter:
Come Holy Spirit, move on me.
By your anointing, set me free
Pour out new wine on this heart of mine.
Come Holy Spirit, move on me.
If you want to accept the free gift of salvation through Jesus Christ and the entrance of the Holy Spirit into your life right now, here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
If you accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior today, please e-mail me at email@example.com and let us know. There is some free material that we want to send you. If you have a prayer request, please e-mail that to us as well, and we will pray for you until you tell us to stop.
God loves you. We love you. And may God bless you.