Brock Mealer Had Faith in Christ for his Salvation and for his Ability to Walk Again After a Spinal Cord Injury (Gospel Light Minute #218)
He is the director of the Spinal Cord Injury Foundation. He graduated from high school in 2003 and spent much of his time working at his family’s construction company in Ohio. A car accident on Christmas Eve in 2007 while on their way to church, in which an elderly man ran a stop sign, left him paralyzed from his waist down and killed his father and brother’s girlfriend. Told he had a 1% chance of walking again, he persevered through tragedy and relied on his faith in God to finish his college degree in economics at Ohio State. He learned to walk with two canes and in 2010, led the Michigan Wolverines onto the field for their home opener. By 2012, he had learned to walk without canes and married his wife in 2012. His main aim in life is to share his faith and motivate others to strive for their goals.
At the Republican National Convention, he recalled his life’s story and that tragic event that helped to shape him. He said, “My spinal cord damage was about the worst she had ever seen. She said that I would likely never walk again — that even a one percent chance was overly optimistic. But that one percent was all I needed. Through it all, I had faith in Jesus Christ, I believed in myself and strived to make that one percent a reality.”
He went on to say, “Truthfully, God made that one percent a reality; His will, not mine. He blessed me with football coaches Rich and Mike, who gave me a fighting chance. His blessings enabled me to graduate from The Ohio State University and go on to be cheered by University of Michigan fans, as I led the Wolverines onto the field. He blessed me with my beautiful wife, Haley; we walked down the aisle together. He gave me countless other blessings. This very moment, for me, is a testament to God working all things for the good.”
His name is Brock Mealer.
This is the “Chief of Sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, reminding you of what the Bible says, that “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” like you and me. Just as Brock Mealer gave his life to Christ, may I encourage you to do the same. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don’t think that you’re alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
Remember, friend, Believe by faith. Share the faith. and Keep the faith!