He is a wide receiver for the Kansas City Chiefs of the NFL. He played college football for the University of Georgia and was drafted in the third round of the 2015 NFL draft.
He said of his faith, “I grew up in a Christian home with parents who took me to church, and we grew up reading the Bible. I accepted Christ at a young age but I really didn’t know what it meant then. Knowing what it means and living a Christian lifestyle has really only been since middle school.
“I was involved in the church youth group and went on a number of mission trips and other ministry opportunities. I was taught what it really means to be a Christian, not just in title but a real relationship. All those things helped my understanding grow, and I realized it was a lifestyle I would have to work on every day of my life.
“Studying the Bible helps me grow in my faith. That’s something I work on every day. Am I perfect? No. But I know who is perfect: Jesus. I also stay involved in church and remain around people who move me in a positive direction. I feel like when the Bible is being poured into you, that’s what will come out. When situations to share come up, you’ll be able to pour into other people. I’m not afraid to say things about my faith, but I like to live my life so people notice a difference in me.
“My faith and sport are intertwined. The Bible says to do all things as unto God. That directly correlates to me playing football. It’s something I do and people take notice. I feel like I should play to the best of my ability, because I represent Christ. I love the sport and want to be the best I can be. But there’s nothing I can do apart from Him. I truly believe that without Christ I can do nothing. I am not good at football without Him. I wouldn’t be at Georgia without Him. He’s given me this platform (as a football player) for a reason. I didn’t get here by myself.”
His name is Chris Conley.
This is the “Chief of Sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, reminding you of what the Bible says, that “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” like you and me. Just as Chris Conley gave his life to Christ, may I encourage you to do the same. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don’t think that you’re alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
Remember, friend, Believe by faith. Share the faith. and Keep the faith!