He is a cornerback in the NFL, who is currently a free agent. He played college football for the University of Michigan from 2005 to 2008. He was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals in the sixth round of the 2009 NFL Draft. Since then, he has played for the Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, and Washington Redskins.
He said of his faith, “I grew up in a Christian home and my parents made sure that I knew how important it was to live for God. I did my best through my high school years and even into college, and I never let peer pressure affect me. Then, toward the end of my freshman year, I discovered that my girlfriend of the last six years had been cheating on me. This turned my world upside down. From that point on I decided that I was going to party and surround myself with women instead of letting the Lord heal my pain. I was the new life of the party, but I didn’t feel right. Even then I could sense God pulling me back toward Him.
“A few months later a good friend was drafted into the NFL and wanted me to visit. I knew what kind of things he liked to do–drink, party and be with women. I knew I shouldn’t go, but I went anyway. It was the one time I really gave in to peer pressure. For the next two years I was scared to face God. I feared I wasn’t worthy of forgiveness. But, in 2006, I went back to church. I found that God welcomed me with open arms. It felt so good to be back where I belonged and growing closer with God.
“Living for the Lord isn’t easy and we all fall at times. But I’d rather live for Him than for anything this world has to offer.”
His name is Morgan Trent.
This is the “Chief of Sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, reminding you of what the Bible says, that “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” like you and me. Just as Morgan Trent gave his life to Christ, may I encourage you to do the same. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don’t think that you’re alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
Remember, friend, Believe by faith. Share the faith. and Keep the faith!